PART TIME CULINARY ARTS TEACHER
Summary: Under the general direction of the GLOW principal and working in concert with the High School Culinary Teacher, this teacher provides leadership support in the culinary arts educational environment that encourages and nurtures learning for all students, primarily in grades 6-8. They will provide supervision to students in a variety of school related settings, monitor and evaluate student outcomes, develop, select and/or modify lesson plans to ensure all student needs are met, maintain appropriate records, and follow all policies and procedures of GLOW Academy. Provide quality instruction in the area of Culinary Arts; assess and encourage student progress, and manage an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement. This is an opportunity to build upon the middle school curriculum that has been established over the past few years to enable a seamless transition from middle school to high school culinary.
Demonstrates and teaches Culinary Arts in a Culinary Classroom upfitted with professional kitchen equipment, food, beverage, and professional cookery, sanitation and professional Food Service Management processes.
- Maintains sanitation and facility standards within a commercial and home kitchen environment consistent with New Hanover County Environmental Health Food and Facility regulations.
- Supports culinary extracurricular activities by attendance and/or advisory role.
- Attends scheduled faculty meetings, department meetings, curriculum meetings and training meetings.
- Participates in student recruiting opportunities, student orientation, open houses, instructional and student competitions (local, state and national), professional conferences and other events directed by the principal or culinary curriculum coordinator.
- Provides instruction in teamwork, communications, problem solving, decision making, and computer technology which relates to workplace and higher education skills needed in the food service industry.
- Creates an instructional environment that is conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Communicates standards, achievements, and deficiencies to students and parents. Meets with students and parents to support student learning growth.
- Collaborates with school administrators, other teachers, para-educators, parents, and community members to support student learning growth.
- Instructs and demonstrates proper food safety practices, procedures and standards.
- Demonstrates techniques to students as a group and one-on-one, helping them to complete lessons, assignments, projects, activities and evaluations.
- Provides students with clear expectations, continual feedback, and logical consequences.
- Manages inventory control.
- Performs related duties as assigned
Job Category :Career Education > Culinary ArtsContact Information
- Sherry Nisen
- 606 S College Road
- Wilmington,North Carolina 28403
- Phone: 910-338-5258 x 105
- Email: click here