To promote the fullest educational opportunity for each student by providing health services and minimizing absences due to illness.QUALIFICATIONS:
Must hold a valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) license or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Additional training in health and emergency treatment skills are desirable. Must be trained to administer insulin injections. Willingness to work with children and confidential records. Clear and legible handwriting, ability to transcribe data accurately.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide emergency services for illnesses or injuries occurring at school, calling paramedics when appropriate, in accordance with plans and procedures developed with the principal.
- Accompany ill or injured students to their homes or hospital when necessary.
- Administer medication only in accordance with the Board-adopted policy.
- Observe students detect health needs (impetigo, lice, etc).
- Maintain school health files, supplies; record communications as directed by the principal.
- Participate in in-service training programs.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of health office environment. Order supplies for health and clerical services. Keep the health office clean, including beds, sinks, thermometers, etc.
- Maintain and monitor immunization records. Provide hearing and vision screenings that are mandated by the State of Arizona.
- Complete mandatory state hearing and immunization reports.
- Work cooperatively with district health partnerships such as school-based clinics and other outside agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Nine-month position, beginning salary for LPN Level 35, for RN Level 38, or for BSN Level teacher salary schedule, employee benefits in accordance with Board policies. EVALUATION:
Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board Policy on the evaluation of support personnel.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Allied Health
Student Services > School NurseJob RequirementsContact Information
- Clair Perry
- 4510 N 37th Ave
- Phoenix,Arizona 85019
- Phone: (602) 336-2293
- Email: click here