1. Must possess a valid Washington State Teaching Certificate with a Music Endorsement.
2. Minimum of Bachelor's Degree.
3. Must meet State requirements.QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED
1. Previous music and choir teaching experience.
2. Willingness to work collaboratively in a team-oriented setting.
3. The ability to promote high expectations, demonstrates a caring attitude, and establishes a learning environment that enhances academic achievement for the student.
4. Be enthusiastic, flexible and have a commitment to student achievements.
5. Demonstrated ability to successfully employ effective teaching methods and sound assessment techniques.
6. Exemplary organization, communication and leadership skills are essential attributes. JOB DESCRIPTION:
1. Teach band and choir classes at various school levels, plus the possibility of additional music classes yet to be determined.
2. Communicate with school administration on student issues as needed.
3. Participate in school faculty meetings and staff development workshops offered by the District.
4. Enforce and uphold all District and Building policies, rules and regulations.
5. Perform other duties assigned.SPECIFIC DETAILS
Monday-Friday 7.5 hours per day starting the 2022-23 school year.Application Procedure:
In-District staff must complete an internal online application or submit a letter of interest by 3:00 p.m. (PST) on or before the closing date or until filled.
Out-of-District applicants must complete an online application and provide all required documentation. All hires are subject to a satisfactory criminal background check.The Kiona-Benton City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Kiona-Benton City School District does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Any inquiries regarding compliance procedures may be directed to the School District's Title IX Officer, Title II and Section 504 Coordinator, the District's Special Services Director, at 1105 Dale Ave., Benton City, WA 99320; contact number (509)588-2024. A copy of the district's appeal/grievance procedure is available upon request from the District Office (WAC 392-190-060). Verification of identity, United States work authorization, and Washington State Patrol/Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprint process must be completed before employment commences (pursuant to RCW 28A.400) Candidate selected will be employed on a temporary basis subject to completion of the background check.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalJob RequirementsContact Information
- Human Resources
- 1105 Dale Ave
- Benton City,Washington 99320
- Phone: 508-588-2003
- Email: click here