1. Clear and valid Texas driver's license.
2. Ability to diagnose mechanical problems and perform repairs with general supervision.
3. Ability to operate equipment and tools involved in equipment repair.
4. Ability to drive box trucks, vans and pickups(No CDL required).
5. Knowledge of equipment, chemicals, and materials used in the cleaning process.
6. Knowledge of routine custodial practices and methods.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
260 days SALARY/PAYGRADE:
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2021-2022ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Evaluate and perform major and minor repairs to cleaning equipment.
2. Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on all floor machines, scrubbers, buffers, carpet shampooers and other cleaning equipment according to established schedule.
3. Order parts as necessary and complete all work orders to repair equipment as scheduled.
4. Assist with training of operations personnel on proper and safe use of cleaning equipment.
5. Maintain accurate, updated records of preventative maintenance.
6. Make recommendations on replacement and purchases of equipment to supervisors.
7. Deliver and pick up equipment to and from vendors for warranty work when necessary.
8. Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
9. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties.
10.Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
11.Maintain accurate records of time and materials required to perform repairs and service.
12.Regular and reliable attendance is an essentional job function.
13.Perform other duties as assigned.WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, carrying, pushing, pulling, and lifting. Exposure to noise and vibration, and work around machinery with moving parts. Drive light truck or van. Regular district wide travel.DEADLINE TO APPLY:
May 3, 2022 or until filled
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsEmployer Description
Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Houston, Texas, is committed to hiring outstanding applicants who meet our district standards. As the third largest school district in Texas, we hire top talent from all around the nation to educate our more than 118,000 students. CFISD is comprised of more than 17,000 employees committed to providing a quality education to each student encouraging collaboration and community among employees. Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is a destination district and a great landing spot to begin of continue your career in education!
Visit www.cfisd.net to apply online and for additional information. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information