Under the general supervision of the Building Principal, plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning, employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students including strategies to meet diverse student needs.SUBJECT-SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and effective instructional design by creating and teaching lessons built on evidence-based strategies
- Incorporate technology and hands-on learning experiences in the classroom with enthusiasm.
- Inspire young minds, while delivering high-quality instruction that allows our students to grow academically, socially, and emotionally in a diverse learning and cultural environment.
The Dayton Way
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and maintain the District's core principles in the areas of professionalism, curriculum, instruction, culture, and customer service. Demonstrate courage, compassion, patience, and a passion for teaching in daily activities.
- Meet the challenges of delivering education in an urban school setting. Use instructional methods to help struggling learners reach grade level.
- Navigate competing instructional initiatives and find ways to apply them to the classroom effectively.
- Build confidence in students, parents, and guardians that academic achievement is attainable through high expectations and sustained effort.
- Collaborate and engage effectively with teachers and administrators to implement instructional strategies that promote student success in content areas.
- Build positive rapport and trust with families and community partners to facilitate their engagement in education efforts.
- Participate in district-organized professional development activities and seek out opportunities for self-development to improve instructional design and delivery skills.
- Create engaging lessons aligned with pacing guides and district curriculum to drive the growth and development of students. Submit lesson plans for review.
- Adapt instructional strategies to meet diverse student needs and interests.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons.
- Coordinate instructional activities and discuss student work with other teachers to create a consistent, cohesive environment for learning.
- Prepare learning materials and classroom environments.
- Deliver instruction through the district required methods, including Gradual Release of Responsibility and Marzano's high-yield strategies.
- Clearly communicate learning objectives to students.
- Use differentiated instruction to provide students with a range of different avenues for understanding new information.
- Prepare, administer, grade, and analyze work assignments to evaluate student progress, strengths and areas of need.
- Make timely updates to student data in student recordkeeping systems to keep parents/ guardians informed of student progress.
- Provide individualized feedback and guidance to students with the goal of enhancing their academic performance.
- Integrate technology into instructional delivery when appropriate to enhance or complement learning.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers, or other experiential activities to guide students in learning from those activities.
Analytics & Improvement
- Select, develop, and use a variety of formative assessments to drive changes to instruction and ensure student learning.
- Use student data from formative and summative assessments to plan instructional delivery.
- Utilize best practices to improve instruction.
- Participate in teacher-based teams to analyze data and adapt instruction to impact student learning.
- Utilize reflective practices to improve instructional approaches and adapt to changes in learning methods.
- Use a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) that includes Positive School Climate (PSC) strategies in order to support the early identification and support of students with learning and behavior needs.
- Leverage intervention opportunities to maximize student achievement and strive to make difficult children feel like they belong in the classroom.
- Implement the district's classroom management strategies and programs.
- Relate to and interact with students. Actively put students first and be intentional about making a difference in students' lives.
- Establish and maintain the rules for student behavior per the student handbook and other district policies. Follow disciplinary procedures for maintaining order among the students in collaboration with other teachers, administrators, and the Safety & Security team.
Evaluation / Other
CORE BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCIES
- Maintain complete, accurate student records as required by state law, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Meet with parents and guardians to build relationships, discuss student progress, resolve behavioral issues, and address academic progress.
- Attend staff meetings and professional development activities.
- Serve on various committees.
- Plan assignments for classroom volunteers and supervise their activities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of student records.
- Abide by state and national standards while administering assessments.
- Perform other duties as outlined in the teacher contract.
- Coping with Stress = think critically and solve problems in difficult situations; capable of handling interruptions effectively
- Interpersonal Skills = successfully interact and engage with students, families, colleagues, administrators, and others; enjoy working with children
- Presentation Skills = creatively share information verbally and in writing to build interest and engage student learners; organize and present information in meaningful, easy-to-understand ways
- Adaptability and Flexibility = willingness to change methods and approaches as appropriate
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S.
- Current and valid State of Ohio teaching licensure appropriate for the specific teaching position
- Must pass Federal and Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation background check in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code Section 3301-83-06
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Relevant teaching experience or background in subject matter area
- If applying for a 3rd Grade Position, must meet requirements for teaching reading outlined in the Third Grade Reading Guarantee Guidance Manual. 3rd Grade Teacher candidates needs to have a reading endorsement if they are teaching literacy. This is not necessary if you are not a literacy teacher candidate.
- Sound grasp of curriculum for the appropriate subject area and the Ohio Learning Standards
- Experience working in an urban school district or working with urban education
- Understanding of the importance of literacy- and language-based approaches to teaching content area
- Knowledge of differentiated instruction, child development principles, and a wide range of instructional and intervention strategies
- Ability and willingness to utilize technology in the enhancement of student learning
- Effective time management skills
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, hear, see, read, speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, crouch, kneel, stoop, and climb stairs
- Occasionally lift and/or move lightweight items up to 40 lbs.
- Work is performed in a classroom setting
- Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue
- Work may be subject to frequent interruptions
- Potential exposure to disruptive parents and students
- Some assignments are subject to completion within strict timelines
- Periodic travel for meetings, professional development activities, and work assignments
- Specific work location to be determined
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:15
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Career Education > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Preschool
Classroom Teacher > Early Childhood
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Accounting
Classroom Teacher > Alternative Learning Environment
Classroom Teacher > Art
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Drama
Classroom Teacher > Bilingual Education
Classroom Teacher > Business Education
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Driver Education
Classroom Teacher > ELL / ESL / SEI / TESOL
Classroom Teacher > Economics
Classroom Teacher > English & Language Arts
Classroom Teacher > Environmental Education
Classroom Teacher > Family & Consumer Science
Classroom Teacher > Health
Classroom Teacher > JROTC Instructor
Classroom Teacher > Keyboarding
Classroom Teacher > Language: American Sign
Classroom Teacher > Language: Arabic
Classroom Teacher > Language: Chinese
Classroom Teacher > Language: French
Classroom Teacher > Language: German
Classroom Teacher > Language: Greek
Classroom Teacher > Language: Hebrew
Classroom Teacher > Language: Italian
Classroom Teacher > Language: Japanese
Classroom Teacher > Language: Korean
Classroom Teacher > Language: Latin
Classroom Teacher > Language: Polish
Classroom Teacher > Language: Portuguese
Classroom Teacher > Language: Russian
Classroom Teacher > Language: Spanish
Classroom Teacher > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Math: Algebra
Classroom Teacher > Math: Calculus
Classroom Teacher > Math: General
Classroom Teacher > Math: Geometry
Classroom Teacher > Math: Trigonometry
Classroom Teacher > Montessori
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: Instrumental
Classroom Teacher > Physical Education
Classroom Teacher > Political Science
Classroom Teacher > Public Speaking
Classroom Teacher > Reading/Literacy
Classroom Teacher > Religion
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Biology
Classroom Teacher > Science: Chemistry
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: General
Classroom Teacher > Science: Geology
Classroom Teacher > Science: Physics
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Current Issues
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: General
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Geography
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Government
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: Military
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: US History
Classroom Teacher > Social Studies: World History
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial Arts
Classroom Teacher > Title I
Classroom Teacher > Video Production
Special Education > Alternative Learning EnvironmentJob RequirementsContact Information
- Jenise Brown
- 115 S. Ludlow St
- Dayton,Ohio 45402