About Hyde Leadership Charter School
Hyde is built on the belief that every person has a unique potential and larger purpose in life, and character growth is key to exposing that potential and purpose. Hyde maintains a student-centered culture that motivates character development and emphasizes curiosity, courage, concern, integrity, and leadership. Our goal is to prepare children for college and beyond, and to live their lives according to standards of personal excellence. We believe in order to provide the best possible education for our young leaders, we as educators need to be in a continuous growth process. Working at Hyde-Brooklyn is a unique and rewarding experience because our staff receives both professional development and participates in their own self-discovery process through the Hyde process of journaling, facilitated discussion, workshops, and seminars.Summary
The Associate Teacher works collaboratively with the lead teacher to support student progress by coordinating on lesson planning, sharing data, team teaching, and providing information and materials to families. Through excellent communication, organizational skills and great energy the Associate Teacher supports the academic and personal growth of our students, while making sure all students are successful and develop strong characters. The Associate Teacher makes sure the students understand the school wide expectations and policies while consistently asking the students to follow the outlined expectations for common areas within the school. In addition, the Associate Teacher supports staff in the scheduled arrival, mealtime and dismissal duties.Job Duties
Skills and Characteristics
- Schedule lesson planning time with lead teacher and review weekly lesson plans (prior to teaching the lesson).
- Adapt lesson plans for selected students, requesting feedback from lead teacher.
- Collaborate with lead teacher on classroom management plans and learning environment mapping.
- Participate in school meetings with students, focusing on the social/emotional well-being of students and main principles of Hyde Brooklyn.
- Work directly with professional development consultants for planning purposes and improving instruction.
- Meet all test and data reporting deadlines.
- Maintain anecdotal and formal evaluative records (checklists, anecdotal notes, quiz/test, etc.
- Contact families via telephone or face to face to inform on student's progress and keep an updated log of the contact.
- Participate actively in weekly grade level team planning meeting by planning units of study and weekly lessons collaboratively with grade level teacher(s), specialist and administrators.
- Attend all faculty meetings.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, families and students.
- Be a team player.
- Display maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a "roll-up-my-sleeves" attitude.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for subject matter.
- Show commitment to character development and family partnerships.
- Attend the annual Hyde 101 Training
- Demonstrated success working in an urban school setting
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A Master's degree in Education or relevant content area (preferred)
- New York State Certification (preferred)
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Child Care Education
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Instructional Support > SubstituteJob RequirementsContact Information