Job Title: Maintenance Worker I (Plumbing)Department:
: Non-ExemptReports to:
Director III - FacilitiesGENERAL PURPOSE
Responsible for providing support to the educational process by providing skilled and unskilled maintenance and repair service activities, including painting, carpentry, minor electrical, plumbing, heating and ventilation systems, and roofing related maintenance.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Receive assignments and travel to the district facilities to make needed repairs or perform preventative maintenance.
- Work with Nutrition Services to repair or replace equipment as needed to ensure the equipment is operating as intended and in compliance with all food safety guidelines.
- Replace parts or install new equipment when appropriate.
- Assess and make repairs to security systems, fire sprinklers, fire alarms, and other fire and security related equipment to ensure compliance with all local and state codes and ordinances.
- Paint, stain, varnish, and make drywall repairs and installations, including the construction of new walls and partitions when appropriate.
- Safely uses power tools, testing equipment, and other computerized equipment requiring knowledge and skill related to the equipment.
- Use ladders, lifts, scaffolds, and other types of equipment to access areas requiring repair or maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of job related experience.
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Must pass a Criminal Background Clearance.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License, with evidence of insurability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems.
- Knowledge based competencies required to perform the functions of the job include products, methods, techniques, materials, and tools used in maintenance and repair.
- Skill to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Skill based competencies required to perform the functions of the job, including general understanding of the repair and maintenance of machinery, equipment and facilities; operating standard office equipment; utilizing pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to read technical information and compose a variety of documents.
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Ability to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; working with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods.
- Ability to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment.
- Ability to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply critical thinking/problem solving to improve work processes.
- Ability to adhere to safety practices; meet deadlines and schedules; work under time constraints; and communicate with diverse groups.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work environment is indoors and outdoors with regular exposure to weather conditions; in proximity to moving mechanical parts and electrical equipment; and in confined spaces.
- Exposure to fumes, dirt/dust, gases, and the risk of electric shock.
- The work is medium work that requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must possess the physical ability to work primarily with fingers, perceive the nature of sounds, make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, substantial movements (motions) with the hands, wrists, and/or fingers, and discern letters or numbers at a given distance.
- Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, manual dexterity, mental acuity, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:2
Job Categories :Career Education > Plumbing & Heating
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Ryan Morris , Employment Coordinator
- 1359 E. Saint Louis St.
- Springfield,Missouri 65802
- Phone: 417-523-4647
- Email: click here