POSITION: Vocal Music Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Arkansas teaching certificate, Vocal Music or Instrumental Music
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOALS: Implement the educational program for students.
1. Diagnose the achievement level of each student.
2. Plan, prescribe and direct the learning activities of students.
3. Motivate students to learn.
4. Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning in both appearance of instructional station and activities therein.
5. Evaluate progress of students and inform students thereof on a continuous basis.
6. Assist with the counseling of students for their academic, personal, social and career improvement.
7. Implement school or district curricular goals.
8. Ensure that substitutes will have all information necessary for effective instruction.
9. Prepare and follow effective lesson plans.
10. Assist in the development of school and district curriculums.
11. Assist in assessing school and district needs for instructional materials and equipment.
12. Prepare for principal, lists of material and equipment needs for instructional assignment.
13. Inform students of school or district regulations that are pertinent to them.
14. Confer with parents on students progress and attitudes.
15. Supervise students in corridors, in rest rooms, in lunchrooms, on school grounds, etc. in accordance with Board policy. Such supervision that is on an assigned basis should be equitably distributed.
16. Assist in the enforcement of school regulations at all times.
17. Participate in all prescribed inservice programs.
18. Maintain, and make reports on, necessary records for pupil accounting, pupil progress, material and equipment inventories, collection of money, etc.
19. Check attendance and report absences and tardies.
20. Sponsor clubs and activities on an equitable basis.
21. Take responsibility for issued materials and equipment.
22. Know Board of Education policies, Desegregation Plan, district and school guidelines and regulations and adhere to same.
23. Supervise early and late bus students on an equitable assigned basis.
24. Attend faculty meetings.
25. Participate in professional activities that are related to subject area assignment.
26. Keep informed of latest curriculum developments.
27. Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule. (Placement depends upon education and experience.)
Length of Contract: 190 days per contract year
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: ChorusEqual Opportunity Employer
Pulaski County Special School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information