- Assignment, location, and schedule are subject to change based on program/staffing needs.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Appropriate license as required by TSPC or ability to obtain.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- We encourage multilingual candidates, and candidates with diverse lived experiences. We are seeking candidates with experience working with a broad range of individuals, cultures and communities. As our learning community grows more diverse, we grow stronger.
The job of Music Teacher is done for the purpose/s of developing students' music appreciation and skills by implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; developing lesson plans and instructional techniques; addressing the specific educational needs of students; modeling the necessary
skills to perform assignments; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
This job reports to Principal.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers assessments using district approved assessment tools, materials and strategies, for the purpose of evaluating students' ability and progress.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher's expectations, developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses students' academic learning and/or skills for the purpose of adapting instruction and providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning instruction based on district curriculum.
- Complies with all district policies/procedures, state and federal laws for the purpose of performing to district and legal expectations.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Directs instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student aides for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their music appreciation and musical skills (e.g. voice and/or instrumentation) through a defined course of study designed to meet individual student needs.
- Maintains musical instruments, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availaility of required materials.
- Manages student behavior utilizing best practice classroom management strategies for the purpose of providing a safe and an optimal learning environment.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and or gathering information to perform functions.
- Participates in various activities (e.g. conferences, afterschool/evening programs, graduation, etc.) for the purpose of contributing to an effective school program.
- Plans concerts and recitals for the purpose of displaying student performances.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans, documenting student progress and meeting district, state and federal reporting requirements.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) for the purpose of maintainingpersonal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment and adhering to Education Code, administrative and/or school policies.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; administering first aid; applying assessment instruments; planning and managing projects; preparing and maintaining accurate records; operating equipment used in education; and using pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: age appropriate activities; assertive discipline techniques; best practice teaching principles/techniques; concepts of grammar and punctuation; equipment and materials utilized for classroom instruction; federal, state and local policies, procedures and practices; health standards and hazards; principles of directing and motivating students; safety practices and procedures; and stages of child development
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing a variety of complex processes; and utilize equipment under a variety of conditions for multiple purposes. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of types of job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based
on organizational objectives; and problem solving with equipment is moderate to significant. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working as part of a team; working
with detailed information/data; working with frequent interruptions; applying effective principles of teaching to direct and motivate students; creating an environment conducive to learning; supervising assigned teacher assistants and volunteers and managing classroom behavior.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Liisa Zeimantz , Human Resources Coordinator
- 750 S 5th Street
- Independence,Oregon 97351
- Phone: 503-606-2253
- Email: click here