MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year (1) of journey-level experience in one of the skilled building trades; or
Three years (3) experience in either general building construction, maintenance work, or in the HVAC plumbing, or electrical trades; or An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined above.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of an appropriate New York State motor vehicle operator's license at the at the time of appointment
DESCRIPTION: This position involves a variety of building maintenance and repair tasks of a skilled nature in the area of carpentry, plumbing, painting, masonry, heating, air conditioning, electrical, and related fields. A thorough knowledge of various mechanical groups is necessary with the ability to perform work from written plans. Duties are performed using independent judgement.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, processes, material and tools of building mechanical maintenance including HVAC, plumbing and electrical;
- Thorough knowledge of modern building maintenance and repair practices;
- General knowledge of painting, carpentry, grounds, etc.;
- Demonstrated competency in either general building construction or maintenance working in the HVAC, plumbing and electrical trades;
- Ability to understand and implement oral and written directions;
- Mechanical aptitude, dependability, thoroughness;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
The Monticello Central School District is in Sullivan County, NY, which is centrally located between New York City, Albany and the Pocono Mountain region. This provides a rare combination to live in a rural setting and still be close to major metropolitan areas for recreation and work. Monticello is the largest of the eight county school districts with a multicultural enrollment of approximately 2700 students.
The Monticello Central School District hereby advises students, parents, employees, and the public that it offers employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, or handicap. Present staff members who are interested in applying for the above positions should submit a written statement indicating the position they are applying for outlining past experience in a similar position and summarizing qualifications for the position. If additional records or other materials are needed, these will be requested after receipt of the initial written submission. EOE
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Paul Dorward
- 6 WIERK AVE
- Liberty,New York 12754