Computer Science Teacher1.0 FTECottage Grove High School2022-2023
Cottage Grove High School is seeking a Computer Science
teacher who is skilled at creating both meaningful relationships and engaging lessons to inspire students to learn computer science
. This position would be an important part of an experienced and energetic Career and Technical
department, as well as a school staff with the mission to partner with parents and the community to help students find their direction for their future.
Cottage Grove High School has 750 students in grades 9-12 and promotes a welcoming and positive experience for all students, offering them a wide variety of courses, opportunities and experiences to challenge and prepare them for tomorrow. CGHS is constantly evolving and remains a local leader in CTE, technology and instruction.Qualifications
- Valid Oregon Teaching Certificate with a CTE endorsement (or the ability to obtain)
- Experience teaching computer science at the secondary level
- Demonstrated abilities (written and/or oral) to plan and implement instruction around district curriculum guides
- Ability to work and communicate with students, teachers, parents and administrators
- Ability to contribute in a meaningful way with an experienced team of instructors
- People with industry experience encouraged to apply. CGHS and SLSD will sponsor a CTE endorsement.
Successful applicants must comply with the OHA rule on the COVID-19 vaccine mandate by either being fully vaccinated or have an accepted religious or medical exception by the South Lane School District. The candidate must sign a safety expectation form if granted a medical or religious exception. Oregon Health Authority OAR 333-019-1030: COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements for Teachers and School StaffPreferred Qualities
- ESOL endorsements preferred
- Evidence of multi-cultural experience and cultural competency
- Bilingual proficiency and/or multicultural experience strongly preferred
Salary will be determined by the teaching experience and degree level in accordance with the licensed
salary schedule.Application Procedure
Applications are completed online at: https://slane.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspxDeadline
Applications being accepted until April 20th at 4pm.
South Lane School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, parental or marital status, age, veterans' status or genetic information. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADA).
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: GeneralJob RequirementsContact Information
- Tracy Ollivant
- 455 Adams Ave.
- Cottage Grove,Oregon 97424
- Phone: 541-942-3381 x114
- Email: click here