• Education: Minimum of Bachelor's degree in education from an accredited college or university.
• A valid CO Teaching Certificate or the ability to obtain one with appropriate endorsement(s).
• A demonstrated philosophy that all students can and will learn.
• Excellent attendance record
• Excellent communication skills oral and written
• Positive interpersonal skills
• Professional verification of successful classroom teacher performance and/or student teaching experience.
• Evidence of the willingness and the ability to comply with the standards for ethical and professional performance established by the State Board of Education.
• This individual will exhibit skills pertinent to foster positive human relationships and the ability to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community
• A willingness and demonstrated abilities conducive to a continuous quest for quality education.Other Information
Reports to: Building Principals (Elementary & Jr/Sr HS)
Work Schedule: 177.5 Day Contract
Workday: 7:45am - 3:30pm.Responsibilities
• Teach K-4 Music, 5-6 Band, & 7-12 Band
• Responsible for 2 Concerts per year, Pep Band, & Graduation; Coordinate with Band Boosters group
• Developing students' cognitive capacity and respect for learning & Positively fostering students' self-esteem
• Working with and understanding a diverse student population
• Integration of leadership, technology, and communication into the curriculum
• Planning for and guiding the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
• Maintaining a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
• Implementing useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures
• Selecting and using effective instructional methods and learning materials
• Establishing a cooperative relationship with all assigned students
• Maintaining open lines of communication with parents/ guardians/ staff
• Engaging in professional growth activities through an ongoing program of job related knowledge and skill development
• Working collaboratively to achieve the overall purpose of the school's program and support the District's vision, aims and goals
• Integrating of the themes of leadership, technology, and communication with a diverse populationHow to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Complete the entire online application, provide an updated resume & licensure information, and complete reference information for each reference (name, address, phone, and email address). Include any additional attachments as applicable.
Aligned with the mission of the Fowler School District R4J is the commitment to educational equity for all students, staff, and patrons of the school system. In all places and in all activities of Fowler School District R4J, it is expected that every individual will be treated in a fair and equitable manner. All conduct will reflect a belief in the dignity and value of each person regardless of the individual's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizenship status, or economic status.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalJob RequirementsContact Information
- Russell Bates
- PO Box 218
- Fowler,Colorado 81039