POSITION: Elementary General Music Teacher
Bargaining Unit Position Non - Exempt
To instruct children in general music in such a manner as to inspire, motivate and stimulate the child to learn general music concepts to the utmost of the child's musical ability and skill level.
Program Coordinator - Fine Arts
Elementary Principal(s) of the school(s) to which assigned
Fine Arts Department Faculty Team
Other faculty members and school staffs Central Administration Staff
Board of School Inspectors
Music Parents Association
general and Executive Board Members
Students enrolled in the general music class Student Teachers Paraprofessionals Volunteer Classroom Aides
SUPERVISES INDIRECTLY: No one
1. Professional Educator License with Self-Contain General Education (SCGE) and Music Endorsement
2. Bachelor's degree in Music Education or Applied Music
3. Thoroughly familiar with excellent general music instructional methods, best practices, literature and books which pertain to the elementary school level.
4. Demonstrated capabilities in leadership, public and community relations, and academic competence.
1. To implement all District policies and Departmental procedures as they relate to the classroom.
2. To direct and supervise the conduct of all students in the classroom.
3. To requisition all necessary instructional materials and supplies necessary to complete the music program (as per Fine Arts Department procedures).
4. To recommend changes and improvements in the curriculum to the Fine Arts Coordinator.
1. Create and maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning.
2. Guarantee that every child shall have an equal opportunity to develop any music talent he or she has.
3. Instruct children.
4. Inspire and motivate students to achieve the maximum of their capabilities in learning new skills and to absorb knowledge.
5. Encourage each child and help them to develop a sense of worth, dignity, purpose, and self-discipline.
6. Implement the various programs designed to achieve the educational objectives of the District.
7. Seek assistance from building level administration and/or the Fine Arts Coordinator, as may be necessary, in case of behavioral problems.
8. Keep accurate records for each child as may be required by the Coordinator of Music, the Principal, and the District.
9. Requisition through the Office of the Fine Arts Coordinator instructional materials and supplies as they are required, per music department guidelines.
10. Attend meetings called by the Fine Arts Coordinator, or Principal(s).
11. Attend music department concerts and events as assigned by the Fine Arts Coordinator. 12. Follow all Fine Arts Department guidelines and procedures as outlined by the Fine Arts Coordinator.
13. Conduct ongoing professional communication with parents of students, including parent-teacher conferences.
14. Assume other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned by the Fine Arts Coordinator in keeping with the policies of District 86.
15. Participate in meetings of the Music Parents Association, as assigned.
16. Participate in in-service training programs authorized by the District Superintendent.
17. Participate in workshops and clinics as assigned by the Fine Arts Coordinator.
18. Develop and prepare a personal plan for continued professional growth.
19. Seek assistance from the Fine Arts Coordinator, Principal(s), other Administrators, Music Faculty peers, consultants or other specialists to improve teaching abilities, skills and management techniques.
20. Other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned by the Fine Arts Coordinator or Designee.Basic Description of Duties:
Instructional The Elementary General Music Teacher is responsible for general music instruction to all students in grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. The Elementary General Music Teacher will utilize the District 86 Fine Arts Curriculum and District adopted instructional materials as the basis for the majority of music instruction in the general music classes.
The Elementary General Music Teacher is responsible for the preparation of students for all applicable performances, concerts, contests, and events.Salary and Benefits:
Bargaining Agreement Union Position: The salary schedules for the 2019-2022 school years click on the link: https://www.joliet86.org/file.aspx?DocumentId=9830
Maximum 10 years full time Certified Teaching Experience
Application Procedures: Applications are considered complete when all required materials are submitted including 1) an online application, 2) unofficial copies of all college and/or university transcripts, and 3) list three recent references with an email address from past or current professional employment. The District uses an on-line application that will be available at www.joliet86.org. All required documents should be attached to your on-line application.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:2
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- NATACIA CAMPBELL TOMINOV
- 420 N Raynor Ave
- Joliet,Illinois 60435
- Phone: 8157403196
- Email: click here