Certified Music Teacher 22-23
Location: Barnwell High School
Contract: 190 days
School Year: 2022-2023
Reports to: Principal
Position is open until filled.Certification:
Must have valid SC Teacher Certificate/License or anticipate Certificate/License prior to the 2022-2023 school year. Acceptable certification codes include: 49; 49+, 51; 51+; 52; 52+; 53; 53+; 54; 54+; 56; 56+.
Barnwell High School is seeking an enthusiastic Music Teacher. Candidates should have experience in general music, music instrumentation, and choral music. Qualifications include:
- Capacity to develop a choral program to include vocal performance.
- Ability to prepare students for successful participation in various choral programs.
- Strong understanding of woodwind, brass, and percussion pedagogy.
- Ability to develop student understanding of concepts such as pitch, rhythm, intonation, balance, blend, articulation and tone quality.
- Comfortable reading a drill chart and setting/cleaning drill.
- Comfortable with the process of marching band show design.
- Strong ability to communicate with parents and student leaders.
- Willing to participate in SCBDA functions such as Region Band, All-State, CPA and Solo and Ensemble
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Enthusiasm and expertise to inspire and challenge students.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Ability to choose and access appropriate musical selections.
- Ability to positively contribute to an environment that responds to students' academic, social, emotional, behavioral and physical needs.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues in and across the discipline on curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the principal.
Please be sure to provide references that can attest to your ability to perform the duties listed in the job description and for the position in which you are applying. References should include, but are not limited to, previous supervisors/managers, colleagues, current or previous instructors, current principal or assistant principal, etc. When providing references please include a current and valid email address for each reference. All applicants must provide 3
references. Immediately upon your application submission, your references will be emailed a reference request.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Jon Burdge
- 770 Hagood Avenue
- Barnwell,South Carolina 29812
- Phone: 803-541-3578
- Email: click here