Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.QUALIFICATIONS:Education/Certification:
- Valid teaching certificate appropriate for teaching assignment
- Bachelor's degree, associate's degree, or high school diploma/GED and equivalent wage-earning experience as required by certification
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Knowledge of career and technical education subject assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Ability to oversee student field experiences in career area assigned
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 days, 193 days for Marketing Practicum assignmentSALARY:
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function
Student Growth and Development
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for approved extracurricular activities or outside activities for which you are the sponsor.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Present a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the district's Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
Professional Growth and Development
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupational area assigned.
MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s), if assigned
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work inside and outside; regular exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS:
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:100
Job Categories :Career Education > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Marketing EducationEmployer Description
Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Houston, Texas, is committed to hiring outstanding applicants who meet our district standards. As the third largest school district in Texas, we hire top talent from all around the nation to educate our more than 118,000 students. CFISD is comprised of more than 17,000 employees committed to providing a quality education to each student encouraging collaboration and community among employees. Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is a destination district and a great landing spot to begin of continue your career in education!
Visit www.cfisd.net to apply online and for additional information. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information