- Direct and guide students in dance, to various levels and ages (grades 6-12)
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and - in harmony with the goals - establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities of students.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Is available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day.
Supervises classroom and students.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor degree in education preferred
Certification: Valid dance teaching certification via D.E.S.E is preferred
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill with oral and written communication.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than the average person while performing the duties of this job; the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 pounds such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being or work output of other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: DanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Dion Edwards
- 611 North Tenth Street
- Suite 25
- Saint Louis,Missouri 63101
- Phone: 314-588-8554
- Email: click here