Job Class Description: TEACHER
Class Code: Reference chart below
Job Title: TEACHER Reference chart below)
Supervisory Responsibilities: STUDENTS, INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT(S) IF APPLICABLE
Position Type: FULL-TIME
FLSA Classification: EXEMPT
Reports To: PRINCIPAL
Location: VARIES BASED ON ASSIGNMENT
Commensurate with salary range on the DCPS certified salary schedule
Hours Per Day: 7
Contracted Days: 186QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's Degree in field of assignment
Valid Kentucky Teaching Certification for Music
Experience with students in area of certification
• Basic computer skills including use of mouse and keyboard to navigate computer, e-mail, and websites
• Subject matter in area of assignment
• Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities
• Curriculum, instruction and assessment
• Short and long-range planning techniques applicable to area of specialty
• Record-keeping skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities
• Pedagogy in area of certificationJOB DESCRIPTION
Plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary or secondary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
• Instructs and supervises students in and out of the classroom.
• Reports to work promptly and maintains continuity of instruction throughout the school year.
• Protect confidential information.
• Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
• Prepares for classes assigned, and shows documented evidence of preparation upon request of administrator.
• Encourages students to set and maintain high expectations of classroom behavior.
• Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, to meet the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
• Strives to implement the district's mission, instructional goals and objectives.
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
• Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and Board policies.
• Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms through appropriate parent teacher conferences.
• Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serves on assigned committees and co-curricular activities.
• Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
• Works to establish and maintain open and professional lines of communications with students and their parents/guardians.
• Responsible for professional growth in accordance with state and federal regulations.
• Represents the school in the community effectively and in a positive manner.
• Administer health services to students as necessary in absence of school health professional.
• Prioritize, plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and act as a positive role model for kids.
• Must demonstrate a desire to see all students learn and succeed.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Location, duties, responsibilities may be altered to meet the needs of the district.
Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment screenings are required as a contingency of employment.
Contracts are with the district of Daviess County Public Schools-not with individual locations. Location assignments are subject to change.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. Certified employee with year-to-year contract until continuing contract is granted
2. Participates in Kentucky Teacher's Retirement System (KTRS)ENVIRONMENT
(ex. Indoor, environmentally controlled. Typical office environment including but not limited to telephones, personal interruptions, background noises. May require working with or near the public, parents, and children and will be subject to sounds, scents, and other related environmental factors. This position will require dealing with conflict and requires use of sound judgement.)
Physical Demands: (example)
1. Light lifting
2. Sitting for long period of time
3. Hand and finger dexterity
4. Repetitive movement
5. Standing and walking intermittently throughout a typical work day
Travel Requirements: (Frequency and Duration)
<10% out of district
Daily as needed within district boundariesEvaluation:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Certified Evaluation Plan. The evaluation will be conducted by the Principal
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the terms set forth in this job description.Employee Signature:Date:
Date of Last Revision: 3.11.19
4041-Elementary Physical Education
4062-High School Art
4065-High School Band
2060-High School Classroom Instructor
4063-High School Music
4061-High School Physical Education
2040-Intermediate Teacher (Grades 4-5)
4052-Middle School Art
4055-Middle School Band
2050-Middle School Classroom Instructor
4053-Middle School Music
4054-Middle School Orchestra
4051-Middle School Physical Education
2010-Preschool Classroom Instructor
2030-Primary Teacher (Grades1-3)
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- HR Admin
- PO Box 21510
- Owensboro,Kentucky 42304
- Phone: (270) 852-7000
- Email: click here