Electrician III Job DescriptionTerm of Employment:
Grade 71 ($3477-$4677)QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or technical school training preferred or any combination of training and ten (10) or more years of experience in the maintenance, installation, and/or repair as an electrician.
- Five (5) or more years experience with a minimum licensure of limited classification by the North Carolina State Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors.
- Strong organizational skills and overall knowledge of all aspects of a large school system including operational policies and procedures.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors, school staff, the general public, or coworkers utilizing tact, diplomacy, and collaboration.
- A highly skilled worker with proficiency in maintenance, operations, and repair of electrical systems including locating and correcting defects.
- Experience in preparing bid documents, understanding blueprints, budgeting, bidding, scheduling, contract administration, and overseeing repairs while also communicating updates to stakeholders.
- Considerable knowledge of the ethical guidelines applicable to the position as outlined by professional organizations and/or federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of building, fire, and life safety codes, OSHA regulations, and other groups' standards applicable to the position.
- Team player and role model for other employees in the organization demonstrating core values of caring, respect, integrity, responsibility, customer focus, and valuing diversity. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement while promoting safety, service, stewardship, and staff development
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Reports to the Foreman of the Road Warriors department.
- Receives, reviews, authorizes, prioritizes, and completes work requests.
- Ability to scope, schedule, and budget repairs and make recommendations for prioritized needs and recommend appropriate equipment for application.
- Ability to operate as a team leader/supervisor at times and provide quality work with minimal supervision.
- Analyzes needs and recommends replacement, energy efficient upgrades, or preventive maintenance in collaboration with the Engineer of Energy Management.
- Consults with outside authorities and agencies regarding facility maintenance and construction.
- Reviews plans and specifications for new construction to determine compatibility with existing equipment or acceptability of design.
- Prepares and presents oral and written reports to superiors, other departments, and school officials.
- While this document is an initial outline of the duties that will be required of this position, the employee's final job duties are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the Chief of Facilities and Construction.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of grasping, kneeling, sitting, walking, stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing, talking, seeing, hearing, and repetitive motion.
- Must possess a valid NC driver's license.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, teachers, administrators, community leaders, agency representatives, and others.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, on call rotation, and/or alternate shifts when necessary for emergencies, adverse weather, and unforeseen circumstances.
- Must be adaptable to performing under stress and when confronted with emergency situations.
- Ability to walk up and down steps in a building, work on a ladder, and lift 35 pounds of equipment on a regular basis.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Carla Withrow
- 2320 US 70 Business HWY East
- Smithfield,North Carolina 27577
- Phone: 9199346032
- Email: click here