This position is for a Middle/High School Music teacher at Umatilla High School and Clara Brownell Middle School
Summary: The teacher provides an educational atmosphere that will lead each student toward the fulfillment of his/her potential for intellectual, physical, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
All or some of the following tasks may be required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning for all students assigned.
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students assigned.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and materials to meet the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Assess the progress of students on a regular basis and maintain such records as required by law and by district policy.
- Maintain required records including, but not limited to, such things as lunch count, absences, inventories and class rosters as well as other records deemed necessary by the superintendent and/or principal.
- Maintain knowledge of Oregon state standards (CCSS or State) and assessment.
- Take all reasonable precautions to provide for health and safety of the students and to protect equipment, material and facilities.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning the academic, behavioral and developmental progress of students.
- Assist in determining and evaluating educational goals consistent with District philosophy and strive to implement those goals by instruction and action.
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals,
objectives, and methods and the development of District curriculum.
- Assist in the selection of instructional materials.
1. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for education assistants and volunteers.
- Assist the administration in implementing policies and rules governing student conduct and expectations.
n. Attend and participate in faculty meetings, inservice training, open house and other meetings scheduled by the principal, assistant principal, department head or site council.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with administrators, members
of the board and community.
- Participates in and supervise co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Engage in continual professional growth, to expand and enhance teaching abilities.
- Comply with all Board policies, administrative regulations and District procedures, as well as all state, federal and local laws and regulations
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the administration.
- Current Oregon Teaching License with appropriate endorsements is required.
- Must have exceptional personal integrity, maturity, collaborative skills and personal interest in working with students, staff, parents and the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, see, hear, walk and sometimes sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being and work output of other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed materials, and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level of the environment is moderate to loud. Work is predominately inside and generally provides protection from the weather but not necessarily from temperature changes. Some outside duties are required. Occasionally required to ascend or descend stairs or similar uneven surfaces. May be exposed to communicable diseases and blood-borne pathogens.
The Teacher will report to the building Principal.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year as determined by the administration and in accordance with Board policy, individual work agreements and the collective bargaining agreement.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
- Position Type:Not provided
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Umatilla User
- 1001 6th Street
- Umatilla,Oregon 97882
- Phone: 541-922-6508
- Email: click here