Teach general music to elementary school students. Arizona Elementary or Secondary Teacher Certification with K-12 Music, Performance experience with general music teaching specialty or related areas. Also available, the opportunity to teach in 21st Century after school program. GOAL:
To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for academic achievement, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.RESPONSIBILITIES:
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Diagnosis of the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents n a regular basis.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and cooperatively with department heads, evaluate their job performance.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities as assigned.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
- Provides for his/her professional growth through an on-going program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
Ten months. Salary and work year to be established by the Governing Board.EVALUATION:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Board policy. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalJob RequirementsContact Information
- Ramona Lomeli
- 9261 W Van Buren
- Tolleson,Arizona 85353
- Phone: (623) 533-3910
- Email: click here