Bryant School DistrictMaster Electrician
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Maintenance Director or Assistant Maintenance Director - Maintenance
Amount of Travel Required: Varies
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: 240-day contract. Hours are typically 7:00-3:30 daily with a 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks. However, the daily schedule may vary depending on the needs of the district.
Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical wiring, equipment, lighting, electrical circuits, intercom systems, and fixtures in accordance with relevant codes.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Maintain current Arkansas Master Electrician's license.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
• Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
• Test electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, ammeters, or test lamps.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Direct or train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
• Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
• Perform business management duties, such as maintaining records or files, preparing reports, or ordering supplies or equipment.
• Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
• Place conduit, pipes, or tubing inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
• Coordinate and schedule both interior and exterior lighting throughout the District.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
• Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit or moving or lifting heavy objects.
• Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights or generators, placing flares, or driving needed vehicles.
• Provide preliminary sketches or cost estimates for materials or services.
• Accept job/work orders and ensure completion.
• Report to the proper authorities any cases of suspected child endangerment, neglect, or abuse.
• Report suspected bullying to building princpal or designee as requried by Arkansas law and district policies.
• Adhere to all policies of the District.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Director or Assistant Maintenance Director - Maintenance.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Loyal - The trait of feeling a sense of duty to the employer.
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Punctuality - Ability to report to work on time on a day-to-day basis.
• Regular attendance - Exhibiting regular attendance in order to perform duties in a satisfactory manner.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
• Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Previous work experience as an electrician preferred.
Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
Certifications & Licenses: Current Arkansas Master Electrician License required.
1. Valid AR driver's license.
2. Successful completion of pre-employment background checks.
3. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times while around students and other staff members.
4. Observance of safety and safe working practices at all times.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate C
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs O
Over 100 lbs O
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
• Sense of Sound - Ability to communicate by telephone and portable radio.
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - As required for job assignment.
The work environment for this position is generally in a school setting with both inside and outside work. The noise level is moderate in most situations. Some exposure to extreme heat or cold may be encountered depending on the job assignment and the season of the year.
The Bryant School District Human Resources Office has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Bryant School District reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the District may deem appropriate.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > MaintenanceEqual Opportunity Employer
Bryant School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Jeremy Lasiter , Director of Human Resources and Legal Affairs
- 200 NW 4th St
- Bryant,Arkansas 72022
- Phone: 501-847-5600
- Email: click here