1. Must have a high school diploma/GED preferred.
2. Possess and maintain a Texas CDL minimum Class B with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements with acceptable driving record as measured by the School Bus Driver's Record Evaluation Criteria.
3. Must have at least one year of previous experience in vehicle maintenance field.
4. Certified Texas vehicle safety inspector (preferred).
5. Ability to speak, read, and understand the English language.
6. Ability to diagnose minor mechanical problems and perform repairs with supervision.
7. Ability to operated equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair.
8. Ability to lift heavy equipment and tools involved in vehicle repair.
9. Ability to pass alcohol and drug test and annual physical exam.
10.Ability to pass required bus driver safety training and ability to operate bus.
11.Ability to understand and execute verbal and written orders.TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary (based on verifiable job-related experience) as set by the Board of Trustees for the school year 2021-2022 ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform minor repairs, preventive maintenance, and inspections on all District vehicles in a timely and efficient manner under supervision of a mechanic.
2. Analyze and make limited diagnoses regarding necessary repairs.
3. Assist mechanics with maintenance and repair of vehicles.
4. Assist mechanics with operating all machinery, tools and equipment as needed.
5. Install seat belts, car seats and safety vests.
6. Perform state safety inspections and maintain state inspection report book.
7. Assist in maintaining accurate, updated records of time and materials required to perform repairs, service and preventive maintenance.
8. Operate tools, equipment and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
9. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
10.Keep shop, equipment, and tools clean and in safe and efficient operating condition.
11.Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
12.Operate buses and other vehicles as needed.
13.Respond to emergency road calls from drivers and tow vehicle if necessary.
14.Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function.APPLICATION INFORMATION:
Fernando Zambrano, Assistant Director
Human Resources - Transportation Dept.
Phone: 713-MY-CFBUS (713-692-3287)
Email: [email protected]DEADLINE TO APPLY:
March 18, 2022 or until filled
Applications will be reviewed
Not all applicants will be interviewed
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:10
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > TransportationEmployer Description
Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District in Houston, Texas, is committed to hiring outstanding applicants who meet our district standards. As the third largest school district in Texas, we hire top talent from all around the nation to educate our more than 118,000 students. CFISD is comprised of more than 17,000 employees committed to providing a quality education to each student encouraging collaboration and community among employees. Cypress-Fairbanks ISD is a destination district and a great landing spot to begin of continue your career in education!
Visit www.cfisd.net to apply online and for additional information. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information