Adjunct Pay Rate: $33.00/hrPart-Time
Instructors needed to teach EMT and Paramedic through Lecture and Labwork.
Join part of a shift-friendly instructional team of EMS professionals who teach EMR and EMT to high school and adult students.
Qualified candidates may also teach Paramedic level coursework.Qualifications
Lead Instructors (EMT Lecture and Lab; Paramedic Lecture and Lab):
- Successfully completed the Levels A and B EMS instructor courses
- Certified as a Florida paramedic in good standing with the department, with a least four years field-level provider experience in the pre-hospital environment with an ALS provider.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the United Stated Department of Education
- Must have at least two years teaching experience in EMS education
Adjunct Faculty (EMT Lab):
- Must have successfully completed the Level A EMS Instructor Course
- Must be certified as a Florida Emergency Medical Technician-Basic, Paramedic, or Licensed Registered Nurse in good standing with the department and have at least three years of field provider experience with an ALS provider.
- Must possess a minimum of an Associate's degree from an institution whose accreditation is recognized by the United States Department of Education
Thank you for your interest in this flexible and vital position with Charlotte County Public Schools.
As a District, we are focused on promoting character and competence in a positive learning culture that ensures success and inspires purpose for ALL. District Mission:
To promote character and competence in a positive learning culture that ensures success and inspires purpose for ALL.District Values:
Collaboration; Communication; Integrity; Leadership; Excellence; SafetyQualifications:
- Sixty (60) college semester hours.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations as prescribed by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate and complete records and reports as required by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
- Supports the student learning plan.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative procedures and board policies.
- Maintains a classroom environment which is safe, orderly, and conductive to effective learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Prepares and maintains lesson plans for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor.
- Works with students to create a classroom environment that is conductive to teaching and learning.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of all individuals or student groups involved.
Full job description can be found: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/Page/16991
Compensation information can be found here: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/Page/16990
Benefits information can be found here: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=18838
Benefits eligibility will be determined and communicated to new hires during the onboarding process. Charlotte County Schools promotes Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities.
- Position Type:After school/Evening
- Positions Available:10
Job Category :Career Education > Emergency MedicalJob RequirementsContact Information
- Adrienne McElroy
- 1445 Education Way
- Port Charlotte,Florida 33948
- Phone: 941-255-0808
- Email: click here