This is for the upcoming 2022-2023 School Year.TITLE:
Teacher EMPLOYMENT TERMS:
184-day contract SALARY CLASSIFICATION:
Exempt - Certified GENERAL STATEMENT of RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Teacher will be responsible for providing a positive working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and parents to establish effective rapport with students that will motivate them to develop skills. Responsibilities will include maintaining high level of confidentiality and standard professionalism while delivering a flexible program and providing a safe classroom environment that promotes learning and personal growth to the students of the district. PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Reports to work as scheduled on a regular and reliable basis.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the time designated.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Evaluates students' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Monitor's students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, school grounds, hallways, restrooms, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes or activities outside the instructional day as assigned by the administration.
- Attends site and district workshops, in-services, etc., to maintain proficient technical skills and continued professional growth.
- Complies with all rules, regulations, and policies of the Governing Board that related to the duties as prescribed.
- Agrees that during the period of the contract, s/he will perform management duties, or other duties as assigned by the administration or Governing Board.
Low risk - Work is routinely performed in indoor environments, including exposure to noise and being on your feet for extended periods of time. May be required to travel outdoors in inclement conditions to go from building to building for meetings or classes. The employee may be required to move from room to room through corridors heavily congested with people.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The applicant for this position is required to:
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Lift on a regular basis 30-50 pounds
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing ability to monitor presence and activity of students and respond to communication with students and adults is required.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the American With Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Arizona certificate for the position and subject areas assigned
- Structured English Immersion (SEI) endorsement
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC)
- Applying reason to research and solving moderately complex issues with little or no assistance.
- Interpreting an assortment of instructions furnished in variable forms.
- Performing basic original research to assist with developing teaching plans and instructional materials.
- Maintaining and updating documentation.
- Organizing and maintaining records, files and program information.
- Gathering data, analyzing findings and applying logic and reason.
- Authoring and preparing original reports, documents and presentations.
- Researching industry trends, solutions and best practices.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
COMMITMENT & DEPENDABILITY:
- Reading and interpreting general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals.
- Writing general correspondence and speak effectively with others.
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Principles and practices of program administration.
- Basic principles and applications of critical thinking and analysis.
- Best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
- Principles and techniques of effective oral presentations.
- Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Willingness to be an integral member of a successful team.
- Dedication to provide the highest level of service.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Resourceful and adaptable.
Time Management: Must be able to prioritize tasks assigned by supervisor.
Stress Management: Periodic stress due to deadlines and multiple schedules.
Public Contact: Interact primarily with students, parents, and staff.EVALUATION PROCEDURE:
The evaluation is done by the Site Principal/Assistant Principal(s). SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
The teacher reports directly to the Site Principal.
Buckeye Union High School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Click here (http://www.buhsd.org/Non-Discrimination-Notice) to read the entire policy.
El Distrito Escolar de Buckeye Union High School no discrimina en base de raza, color, origen nacional, sexo, edad o discapacidad. Haga clic aquí (http://www.buhsd.org/Non-Discrimination-Notice) para leer toda la política.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Category :Career Education > Welding & CuttingJob RequirementsContact Information
- Leslie Doud
- 1000 E Narramore
- Buckeye,Arizona 85326
- Phone: (623) 386-9701
- Email: click here