Position Description JOB TITLE:
Library Media AssistantF.L.S.A.
- High School diploma;
- working knowledge of computer software;
- ability to lift up to 40 lbs to chest height occasionally;
- good communications skills;
- good organizational skills;
- positive interpersonal skills;
- library experience preferred.
Building Library Media SpecialistTERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
186 days; 40 hours /week with benefits according to the Classified Agreement after 60 day probation period. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain an orderly appearance of the library media center.
- Assist in shelving of media materials.
- Assist with the supervision of students.
- Assist staff and students in locating and using information, media, and equipment.
- Guide staff and students in the use of the Online Public Access Catalog.
- Provide assistance with the operation of audiovisual software and hardware.
- Assist in the preparation of bibliographies and reserves.
- Assist with the distribution and collection of textbooks and teacher resources.
- Generate and disseminates overdue notices.
- Processe serials (including newspapers, magazines, vertical files, etc.) in all formats
- Assist in preparing and maintaining educational displays and materials which reinforce the District curriculum.
- Assist with the library media center inventory.
- Assist in training and supervising student assistants and volunteers.
- Assist in the set up and preparations for meetings, presentations, assemblies, programs, in-services, etc.
- Maintain usage schedules of library media center media materials and equipment.
- Operate the circulation desk.
- Assist Library Media Specialist in preparation for class instruction.
- Assist in sorting and filing mail as directed by the Library Media Specialist.
- Perform clerical duties attached to selection, acquisition, processing, and weeding of library media materials.
- Perform preventive maintenance and minor repairs on media and equipment as directed.
- Terms of Employment
Non Exempt, 10 month position
2021-2022 District Calendar
8/hrs/day, 40 hours a week
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- Personal/Sick Leave Accrual after 60 day probation
- Medical Benefits, Dental, Visions, Life Insurance
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance
Student Services > Librarian/Media Specialist
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Sue Johnson
- 25555 W. Durango
- Buckeye,Arizona 85326
- Phone: (623) 925-3400 x3433
- Email: click here