The GSRP assistant provides assistance to GSRP students in the classroom as well as to the GSRP Lead Instructor. They report to the Licensed Childcare Program Director and the Lead Instructor of the program. Program will run approximately 185 days during the school year (9/7/21 - 6/9/22).Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Assists GSRP students with all aspects of attending school.
- Works under the direction of the GSRP Lead Instructor to adapt lessons and materials to fit the needs of students.
- Assists the Lead Instructor with maintenance of classroom records for GSRP students (attendance, behavior documentation, anecdotal notes, lunch count) as requested by the Lead Instructor.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to student and family records and information.
- Takes part in planning meetings as requested.
- Attends training or in-services.
- Accompanies GSRP students on field trips.
- Maintains positive public relations with children, parents, staff, administration and community members.
- Carries out recreational and educational activities as directed.
- Completes 24 hours of unpaid professional development each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have one of the following: High school diploma or GED and a Preschool CDA or an Associate of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with students and school personnel.
- Must complete 24.0 hours of professional development (PD) training per calendar year (Jan 1 through Dec 31). First aid and CPR training can count for up to 2.0 hours of the PD hours.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Ability to care for, supervise, and nurture children.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability to assist with maintaining records of student progress.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Dependable, reliable, and protective of sensitive/confidential information.
- A tuberculosis (TB) test report showing evidence that staff member is free from communicable tuberculosis and is verified within one year before employment must be on file.
Will consider applicants willing to work toward and obtain the proper credentials (CDA or AA degree) within 2 years as part of an approved compliance plan; however, applicants must possess high school diploma or GED prior to application.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Child Care Education
Instructional Support > SubstituteEmployer Description
To be considered in the applicant pool for an open position, please apply at www.tcaps.net/jobs. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information
- Human Resources
- 412 Webster Street
- Traverse City,Michigan 49686
- Phone: 231-933-1710
- Email: click here