Assist in implementing childcare programs and assuring that each child is well cared for and safe. Provide routine care for infants and children in an instructional setting.Qualifications:Education/Certification:
High school diploma or hold a General Educational Development (GED) certificateSpecial Knowledge/Skills:
Ability to read and verbally communicate with children, staff, and parents
Ability to work with groups of children in a positive manner
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Effective organizational and communication skills
Ability to relate to children and adults with courtesy, respect, acceptance, compassion, and patience Experience:
Some experience in an infant/childcare settingMajor Responsibilities and Duties:Instructional Support
- Assist in planning, preparing materials, and implementing daily learning activities for children.
- Conduct age appropriate activities for children in care including but not limited to reading to children and teaching simple painting, drawing, crafts, and songs.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom including organizing and storing toys, materials, and personal items belonging to children.
- Clean and sanitize furniture, equipment, toys, and linens.
- Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas. Prepare snacks, ensuring safe handling of food for children.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
8. Supervise and ensure safety and security of children in the classroom, on outings, and to and from outside play areas.
9.Assist children with all physical functions such as feeding, diapering, toileting, walking, and standing.
10.Make teacher aware of special needs or problems of individual students.
11. Observe and document developmental progress of children.Safety
12. Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing.
13. Follow district safety protocols and emergency protocols.
14. Maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid certifications.Other
15. Participate in faculty meetings and special events as assigned.
16. Participate in staff development activities to improve job performance and meet state childcare licensing standards.Supervisory Responsibilities:
NoneMental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used:
Standard classroom and nursery equipment such as toys, playgrounds, multiple-rider strollers, etc. Personal computer and printer.Posture:
Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stoopingMotion:
Moderate walking, climbing, lifting, balancing, and handing or moving materialsLifting:
Regular light lifting and carryingEnvironment:
Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise; frequent exposure to bodily fluidsMental Demands:
Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress and self-control in the presence of children.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Work days: 238
FISD pays $235 a month towards TRS Health Insurance
FISD has affordable day care for their employees.
You can earn up to 5 local and 5 state days if you start at beginning of school year.
Applicants for all positions are considered without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran or military status, or another legally protected status. Additionally, the district does not discriminate against an applicant who acts to oppose such discrimination or participates in the investigation of a complaint related to a discriminating employment practice.
In accordance with Title IX, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. Inquires about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district's Title IX coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both. Inquiries about the application of Title IX to employment should be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, (FISD Superintendent, 234 Friendship Lane, 830-997-9551).
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:6
Job Category :Career Education > Child Care EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Stacy Rush
- 234 Friendship Lane
- Fredericksburg ,Texas 78624
- Phone: (830) 997-9551
- Email: click here