FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLSFALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTS
The Superintendent of Schools announces the following position within the Fall River Public School System:POSITION : MUSIC TEACHER: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Appropriate Massachusetts Certification
- Bachelor's Degree with major or minor in Music
Director of Fine Arts and Principals JOB GOAL:
To develop in each pupil an appreciation of the art of music as part of general culture: to teach techniques of vocal and instrumental music expression: to discover and develop talents of pupils in the field of music: to develop knowledge and skills in listening, reading and performing music.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and implements standards based units of music instruction based on the Massachusetts Arts Curriculum Framework appropriate for the school level.
- Demonstrates knowledge of content area including general music class and choral rehearsal techniques.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature appropriate for grade and skill levels of pupils.
- Implements evaluation procedures using rubrics to assess student progress in all classroom settings, including English language learners and special education inclusion classrooms.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a positive learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Continuously evaluates and refines instructional strategies, including the effective use of technologies, to increase student learning.
- Cooperates with school administration in providing musical programs for
school productions, graduation ceremonies, and civic functions.
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Participates in curriculum and staff development programs.
- Performs all other responsibilities that are listed in the collective bargaining agreement between the Fall River Educators' Association and the Fall River School Committee.
In accordance with the Fall River Educators' Association contract The Fall River Public Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, and disability.
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Instructional Support > SubstituteEqual Opportunity Employer
Fall River Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Megan Souza
- 417 Rock Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Fall River,Massachusetts 02720
- Phone: 508-675-8420
- Email: click here