Approximately 5,500 employees from all backgrounds embody the Muscogee County School District. We offer opportunities for everyone including support personnel, teachers, leaders, tradespeople and much more.
Join the Muscogee County School District in "Creating We" in an environment that values the unique experiences and perspectives each of us bring to our community.POSITION TITLE:
Teacher, High School Computer ScienceFLSA:
Teacher Salary ScheduleWORK DAYS:
To Be DeterminedREPORTS TO:
PrincipalThis posting is to recruit for existing vacancies and/or positions that become available at our various schools for the 2022-2023 school year. ** FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY.....CURRENT MCSD TEACHERS WILL NEED TO APPLY TO THE TRANSFER APPLICATION.**PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Provides quality standards-based instruction in the area of Computer Science; assesses and encourages student progress, manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievementREQUIREMENTS:
1. Educational Level:
Bachelor Degree or higher in a Professional Standards Commission (PSC) determined equivalent for Computer Science Endorsement
Valid Georgia Teacher certification or eligibility for GA certification in Computer Science
4. Physical Activities:
Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Written and oral communication; instructional strategies that connect the curriculum to the learners; student management ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Facilitates /coordinates a rigorous Computer Science curriculum with career-related instruction; assesses and provides for differentiation to assure student progress while managing the learning environment.
- Complies with state and system level regulations and policies; including the rules of the Professional Standards Commission Code of Ethics for Educators.
- Integrates core content academics and embeds the CCGPS Literacy Anchor Standards for Technical Subjects within the program delivery of the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards (CCGPS) curriculum for Computer Science's career pathways' courses.
- Models enthusiasm for Computer Science and demonstrates current innovations in the agricultural industry, including competition within global economy.
- Administers developmental testing programs, subject-specific formative/summative assessments, and industry-recognized technical skill assessments for the purpose of evaluating students' industry certification competency levels attainment and/or the monitoring and development of individual learning growth and student progress towards achieving Individual Graduation Plan's (IGP) goals.
- Sponsors/infuses co-curricular career tech student organizational (CTSO) experiences to students in the program for the purpose of leadership development, advanced technical skills attainment, workforce readiness preparation, and college career-readiness studies.
- Manages and maintains program's assigned equipment, software, and supplies.
- Maintains professional development competence through on-going educational and professional development training, as required for certification.
- Engages, conducts, and documents meeting minutes of an active local school Computer Science Advisory Committee for the curriculum area's career-related activities support.
- Establishes and maintains industry and post-secondary connections to promote/encourage students' participation in continuing education opportunities.
- Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
The Muscogee County School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Should you need more information; please visit: https://www.muscogee.k12.ga.us/c/Divisions/HumanResources/TitleIXCoordinator
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Science: Astronomy
Classroom Teacher > Science: Earth & Space
Classroom Teacher > Science: GeneralJob RequirementsContact Information
- Brenda Reed , HR Director
- 2960 Macon Road
- Columbus,Georgia 31906
- Phone: (706)748-2000
- Email: click here