This position is responsible for teaching classroom music to elementary students grades K through 4.COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
The Bellevue School District is committed to a diverse workforce representative of our students, one that embraces and models cultural competency as an international community.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
• Implement Bellevue School District common music curriculum (objectives and assessments).
• Teachers will center instruction on high expectations for student achievement by establishing a culture for learning, providing clear communication with students and engaging students in learning.
• Teachers will demonstrate effective teaching practices through use of effective questioning and discussion techniques and reflection on teaching.
• Teachers will recognize individual student learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs. This will be demonstrated through knowledge of students and demonstrating flexibility and responsiveness.
• Teachers will provide clear and intentional focus on subject matter content and curriculum through knowledge of content and pedagogy, setting instructional outcomes, knowledge of resources and designing coherent instruction.
• Teachers will foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment through creating an environment of respect and rapport, managing classroom procedures, student behavior and organizing a safe physical space for student learning.
• Teachers will use multiple student data elements to modify instruction and improve student learning. Teachers will design student assessments, use assessment in instruction, and maintain accurate student records.
• Teachers will communicate and collaborate with parents and the school community through effective and ongoing communication.
• Teachers will exhibit collaborative and collegial practices focused on improving instructional practice and student learning.
• Teachers will participate in a professional community, expected to grow and develop professionally and demonstrate professionalism.
• Teachers will annually establish student growth goals to ensure student growth over time.
• Direct the activities of assigned non-certificated personnel.
• Attend or participate in all required staff meetings and other activities deemed necessary by the District and/or building principal, in order to accomplish the objectives of the position and for professional development.
• Participate in site-based decision-making processes.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Reports directly to and is supervised by the Building AdministratorEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
(positions in this class typically require):Required:
• Possess or qualify for immediate issuance of a valid Washington State teaching certificate with endorsement in music.KNOWLEDGE
(position requirements at entry):
• Knowledge and ability to provide a classroom music program including, but not limited to singing, movement and playing Orff instruments.
• Knowledge of Bellevue School District's curriculum and instructional practices such as teacher-directed instruction, literature-based reading, problem-based learning, math problem-solving and use of math manipulatives, cooperative learning, and integrated curriculum.SKILLS
(position requirements at entry):
• Ability to delegate health service tasks safely consistent with State law and regulations.
• Ability to accompany on piano and/or guitar; work cooperatively with principals and classroom teachers; conduct a choral program.
• Interest in providing extra-curricular activities pertaining to music education.
• Commitment to the District's vision, mission and goals.
• Demonstrates a commitment to equity through culturally relevant teaching practices through the design and implementation of instruction and high expectations for all students.
• Provides high quality instruction through knowledge of differentiated instructional practices and data-driven instructional decision-making.
• Ability and skills necessary to individualize instruction. Commitment and ability to work with a full range of students including gifted, mainstreamed special education, English language learners, and students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
• Ability to develop students' technology literacy.
• Ability to work in a collaborative or team approach.
• Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, collaboratively and positively with students, parents, and colleagues, orally and in writing.
• Ability to work with students in multi-aged groups.
• Ability to use varied assessments, including performance tasks, portfolios, and student self-assessment.
• Attends ongoing professional development activities, such as college course work, professional associations, workshops, and in-service opportunities.
• Exhibits a strong and positive attitude with the belief that each student can be taught and has the right and capacity to achieve personal academic excellence.
• Ability to perform all duties in accordance with all applicable Board policies and district and legal requirements
• Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectationsPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions. This position may be exposed to prolonged exposure to visual display terminals as required.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a general posting for one or more Music Specialist positions. Positions may be full or part-time and will be filled as specific openings are identified.
Certificated staff work the school year contract with placement on the District and BEA bargaining agreement salary schedule. Placement on the schedule is determined by training and experience. Benefits include retirement, medical, dental and other benefits, according to Board policy and contract specifications. Benefits include retirement, medical, dental, vacation, holidays, and other benefits according to Board policy.
All BSD employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by hire date. Failure to submit proof of vaccination or qualify for a reasonable accommodation will result in withdrawal of job offer.NOTE:
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed. The successful candidate for this position must be fingerprinted. Employment is contingent upon clearance by Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.Bellevue School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Lowell, 425-456-4010 or [email protected]; Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Heather Edlund, 425-456-4156 or [email protected]; Civil Rights/Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator Nancy Pham 425-456-4040 or [email protected] Address for all three: 12111 NE 1st St., Bellevue, WA 98005.
- Position Type:Not provided
- Positions Available:25
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Alex Nicoara , Benefits Specialist
- 12111 NE 1st St
- Bellevue,Washington 98005-3183
- Phone: (425) 456-4076
- Fax: 425-456-4078
- Email: click here