- Title: FOOD SERVICE CASHIER
- Reports to: Cafeteria Manager
- Job Description:
To provide efficient operation of the district kitchens and serving and dining areas in the production and serving of student and staff nutritious meals and the maintenance of safe and clean kitchen and serving and dining areas. Students are first priority.
- Job Qualifications:
High School Graduate, GED, or previous experience in food handling, or the exhibited desire and ability to perform the required duties. Fluency in writing, speaking and reading English, bilingual preferred. Some positions require a valid State of Arizona Driver's License. Must possess general clerical skills and ability to work with cash and mathematics. Prior cashier experience preferred.
Within thirty days of employment, must obtain a Food Service Worker's Card from Maricopa County Environmental Services.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this class.)
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate point of sale terminal, including entering cash/checks and student data.
- Collects and counts cash/checks and prepare daily forms for Central Office.
- Assists in identifying and records meal components and helps determine if the child has an USDA reimbursable meal according to Federal and State Standards.
- Runs all daily reports required by Central office which includes the end of day reports.
- Assist managers with e-mails, Invoices, office organization and any other administrative duties as needed.
- Performs other duties to assist students i.e. payment reminders, on-line questions, assigns pin numbers. Handle parent concerns, questions and complaints professionally.
- Practice proper sanitation and safety procedures, according to Health Department and District Policies.
- Perform all duties and assignments and use materials and operate equipment as trained and in a safe, responsible and productive manner, using all safety equipment or clothing which might be reasonable to ensure the safety of self, fellow employees and students.
- Assist in all kitchen duties as required, i.e., cooking, food preparation, dish room, baking, cleaning tables, sweeping and mopping as needed.
- Keep front of serving line clean throughout lunch period.
- Maintain good personal cleanliness and dress appropriately for the position.
- Practice good public relations techniques with students, staff, administration and parents, demonstrating a cordial and friendly manner. Assist in parent problem solving..
- Attend classes, in-services and seminars as needed to improve knowledge and skills and to keep current with the latest in services, equipment, materials and functions as they pertain to the district's needs, and to meet state and federal laws and district requirements.
- Work efficiently and cooperatively with other staff members. Professional Behavior is expected to all times.
- Work as a self-starter and as a team member to accomplish our goal.
- Listen to, understand and carry out oral and written instructions and directives, and respond with oral and written reports as required.
- Collect, account for, safeguard and deposit all cash collections according to regulations and district policies and procedures. Maintain records as required by statute and district procedures and policies.
- Maintain in good condition and store for safekeeping all property, supplies and materials of the district. Keep your office in an orderly fashion.
- Assume responsibility for and secure the district assigned keys which are assigned to you for your job use and safekeeping.
- Perform emergency/safety procedures such as fire drills and lockouts as required.
- Practice regular and consistent attendance, arriving and departing at the designated times for your position.
- Refrain from the use of inappropriate, obscene or foul language, written, verbal, e-mails.
- Maintain district security by locking all doors and gates for which you are responsible, being on campus only during reasonable hours, and reporting to the Director of Food Service, Food Service Supervisor, Business Manager or Superintendent any problems with locks, lighting, windows, utilities, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Cafeteria Manager or Food Service Supervisor, Director of Food Service, Business Manager or Superintendents.
- Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, speak, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally push or lift up to fifty (50) pounds, such as boxes, supplies, etc. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and to interact with the public and other staff.
- Working Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to moderately high during the school day. There may be periods of recurring stress in the performance of this job.
- Terms of Employment
- Non Exempt, 10 month position
- 7 hrs/day
- 2021/22 District Calendar
- Salary: $13.04/hour
- Sick/Personal Leave Accrual (after 60 day probation)
- Medical Benefits available (after 60 day probation)
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance
Support Staff > Food ServiceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Sue Johnson
- 25555 W. Durango
- Buckeye,Arizona 85326
- Phone: (623) 925-3400 x3433
- Email: click here