PLEASE UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR VALID FL DRIVER'S LICENSE AND COJ/STATE OF FLORIDA ELECTRICIAN LICENSURE TO THE APPLICATION ATTACHMENT AREAAlso, effective July 1, 2020, Electricians who have an active Duval County Journeyman's license shall receive an annual supplement of $1750.Job Summary
Skilled craft work in the maintenance and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures. May oversee and train other workers. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors, where there are some risks and hazards associated with working with electricity. Physical demands consist of climbing ladders; stooping, bending, digging, and reaching; and occasionally lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Operates hand and power tools; soldering equipment; electrical, and other testing equipment; and motor vehicles including one ton trucks and specialty vehicles such as bucket trucks.Essential Functions
1. Repairs, maintains, and installs electrical systems and equipment such as motors, wiring, switches, and fixtures.
2. Locates and determines electrical malfunctions using test instruments such as ammeter, meggar, and multi-meter.
3. Inspects circuits and wiring for specified shielding and grounding and repairs or rewires systems according to building codes and safety regulations.
4. Operates and tests standby generators.
5. Inspects and performs preventive maintenance on building power distribution systems, panel boards, disconnects, and related hardware.
6. Installs wire, bends conduit, and associated hardware.
7. Establishes and maintains electrical maintenance records and prepares reports of work performed.
8. Reads, interprets, and annotates changes to blueprints and other technical diagrams
9. Operates hand and power tools; soldering equipment; and electrical, electronic and other testing equipment.
10. Performs related work as required.Probation:
Six (6) monthsQualificationsOpen Requirements:
Ability to read and write English. Must possess a valid Certificate of Competency as a Journeyman or Master Electrician issued by the City of Jacksonville, OR, State of Florida Certification as an Electrical Contractor and must maintain same during employment in this class.Promotional Requirements:
A valid Florida Driver's License is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment in this class.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures, and standard practices of the electrical trade
- Knowledge of the principles and theory of electricity
- Knowledge of national, state and local electrical codes
- Knowledge of the standard tools, materials and methods of the electrical trade
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the electrical trade
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Strong time management skills
- Strong skills in installing, maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting electrical systems and equipment
- Strong skills in operating equipment and tools used in installation, maintenance, repair, and troubleshooting of electrical equipment and systems
- Strong skills in installing wire, conduit bending, and associated hardware
- Strong skills in the use and care of standard tools, equipment, and testing devices of the electrical trade
- Ability to read, understand, and apply written instructions; manuals; technical sketches, diagrams, and blueprints; and other job-related materials
- Ability to install, alter, repair, maintain and locate defects in a variety of electrical equipment and systems
- Ability to establish and maintain electrical maintenance records and prepare reports of work performed
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:100
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial ElectricianJob RequirementsContact Information
- Alex Marx
- 1701 Prudential Dr
- Jacksonville,Florida 32207
- Phone: (904) 390-2000
- Email: click here