To perform a variety of daily duties that include the maintenance of (165) sites and 4,500+ acres that require knowledge of Detention pond repair maintenance, working knowledge of ADA requirements and buffer up-keep regulations. Participate in the development, maintenance and repair of landscaped areas and open spaces; and to operate grounds maintenance machinery, equipment and tools.
Our mission is to provide services that meet or exceed the expectation of all our customers thus ensuring a safe and encouraging atmosphere conducive to a quality education.Essential Duties:
(These duties represent a sample and may vary by position.)
- Assist and participate in a variety of landscape maintenance duties including watering, mowing, weeding, trimming, renovating and fertilizing lawns.
- Assist and participate in planting, watering and maintaining landscaped areas consisting of bushes, trees, flowers and shrubs.
- Assist and participate in trimming and pruning bushes, trees and shrubs.
- Rake leaves and clear debris from walks, fields, courts and other facilities.
- Transport rubbish to the local landfill.
- Assist in applying herbicides, fungicides and pesticides safely; maintain records of fertilizers and chemicals used under supervision of immediate supervisor.
- Assist and participate in preparing and maintaining athletic fields and related facilities.
- Assist plumbing department in repairs of irrigation systems on athletic fields.
- Assist in the laying of forms, pouring and finishing concrete including sidewalks and slabs; install playground equipment and drinking fountains.
- Assist in preparation and installation of mobile classrooms.
- Learn to operate park maintenance equipment such as dump trucks, backhoes, front loaders, and power tools such as mowers, edgers and blowers.
- Utilize proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
- Assist in the delivery of portable lights to athletic events for extra security in addition of stationary lights.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of detention ponds.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of play equipment and follow ADA guidelines.
Education and Experience:Minimum
- Assist in the maintenance and up-keep of buffer areas at all school owned sites and understanding of regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Formal or informal education or training which insures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for job performance
- 6 months of grounds related experience
Licensing / Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 years of grounds related experience
- Possession of valid driver's license
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver's class "A" CDL restricted license within nine months of employment. (Highly recommended for promotion)
Job Categories :Career Education > Building Maintenance
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > MaintenanceEqual Opportunity Employer
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Contact Information
- CMS Staff
- 600 E. Fourth Street
- Fifth Floor
- Charlotte,North Carolina 28202
- Phone: 980-343-1900
- Email: click here