Bus Shop Mechanic LOCATION:
Yazoo CitySALARY: $
235 Days - 12 Month EmployeeREPORT TO:
Transportation DirectorFLSA STATUS:
Non-Exempt The students of the Mississippi Achievement School District (mASD) need your talent, expertise, passion and leadership.
We are seeking highly motivated and innovative practitioners to join our team at the mASD. We seek individuals who are radically relentless about re-envisioning the landscape of public education in Mississippi and making a significant difference in the lives of students, parents, school leaders, teachers, and central office employees.
Currently the mASD serves approximately 4100 students in Yazoo City and Humphreys County in the Mississippi Delta. As part of the state's comprehensive transformation effort, the mASD seeks to become the model for sustainable school and district improvement in areas of the state that have experienced chronic and entrenched underperformance. Over time, the mASD intends to develop the highest-performing, competitively compensated, and most revered educator workforce in the state known for providing instructional excellence and producing significant outcomes for ALL students.
The district seeks proven leaders with outstanding interpersonal skills who have a passion for working with schools, principals, and communities and who are committed to ensuring all students achieve. Serving a population as diverse as ours requires creativity, commitment, and vision. POSITION OVERVIEW
Under general supervision, performs maintenance and repair work in the School System Transportation Department. Work involves operating a fuel delivery vehicle and fueling vehicles on an assigned route; operating a tire truck, evaluating the condition of vehicle tires and making the decision to replace tires as needed; and maintain an accurate accounting of truck inventory. Employee is also responsible for performing minor vehicle sub-assembly checks and making necessary repairs; performing engine oil and oil filter changes; and performing chassis lubrication. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB EXPECTATIONS:Physical Requirements:
- Demonstrate a safety mindset at all times; safe buses for students, safe working environment for fellow workers and monitoring safe movements of school and activity buses while operating on public streets and highways are the paramount criteria for this position.
- Fuels school and activity buses on a scheduled, assigned route.
- Evaluates condition of vehicle tires; makes the decision on the spot to or not to replace tires as needed; repairs flats; discards unusable tires and mounts new tires as needed.
- Performs minor vehicle sub-assembly checks; makes necessary repairs and replacements.
- Performs engine oil changes and oil filter changes; performs chassis lubrication.
- Responds to offsite fuel outages and tire-related breakdowns and provides needed vehicle service.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of equipment and machinery including trucks, wreckers, tire changing machines, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 50 to 100 pounds.
- Physical demand requirements are for Medium to Heavy Work.
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D., or 3 to 5 years of training or experience in repair and maintenance of automotive equipment; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License with a passenger, P and S endorsements required for mechanics.
Interested individuals who meet minimum requirements should apply online at www.masd.k12.ms.us
Questions concerning this vacancy announcement should be directed to:Dr. Sametra Brown, Director of Human Capital and Talent ManagementMississippi Achievement School District 662-746-2125APPLICATION DEADLINE:
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by phone. ***The Mississippi Achievement School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer*** I understand and agree to the terms of this job description. Name___________________________Signature________________Date_______
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Mechanics
Support Staff > TransportationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Sametra Brown
- 1133 Calhoun Avenue
- Yazoo City,Mississippi 39194
- Phone: (662) 746-2125
- Email: click here