To create a music program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth during the school session and to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate students to develop music skills and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for music education, in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members. This position is specially for music teachers interested in leading middle school and high school students in guitar and AP Music Theory, Jazz Ensemble and Task I and II. (music theory and aural skills)ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Instructs pupils and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the musical curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessionals, parents and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers and exhibits of student's work.
Supervises classroom, students and volunteers.QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Music education K-12 (instrumental)Certification: Valid teaching certificate in the State of Missouri.Language Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff and the general public.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plan and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program; ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers and parents; skill in oral and written communication. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. The employee may occasionally push or lift up to 50 pounds such as boxes of books and AV/VCR carts. The employee is directly responsible for safety, well-being or work output of other people. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act
(A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalJob RequirementsContact Information
- Dion Edwards
- 611 North Tenth Street
- Suite 25
- Saint Louis,Missouri 63101
- Phone: 314-588-8554
- Email: click here