June 1, 2022DAYS & HOURS:
260 (full year); 8 hoursAPPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open Until FilledCOMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:
Licensed ElectricianWork Days
Facilities DirectorFLSA Status:
Classified: Non-exempt JOB SUMMARY
Performs skilled work as a journeyman craftsman in the maintenance, construction and repair of District buildings, equipment and grounds.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all District policies and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Oversees all electrical revisions and subsequent inspections in compliance with all regulating agencies including OSHA and fire marshal.
- Communicates and works with local and state governing authorities regarding building code compliance.
- Determines causes of operating errors and decides what to do about it.
- Inspects, repairs, installs, services and maintains electrical systems including conduit and duct systems, light and power circuits, motor appliances, generators, control equipment, switches, scoreboards, fans, air conditioners, heaters, fixtures, boilers, bell and buzzer systems, clocks and alarm systems.
- Installs, tests and maintains communication systems.
- Installs interior and exterior wiring for equipment and appliances.
- Prepares plans, makes drawings and sketches of projects, estimates costs and orders materials.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Assists employees in doing their work properly, giving instructions and training new custodial employees.
- Prepares requisitions for electrical supplies and equipment.
- Inspects buildings for fire, sanitary and safety hazards and reports immediately to supervisor.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff and parents and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
- Professionally represent the school and the District in interactions with parents, community, staff, and students.
- Maintain appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Attend work regularly and is punctual.
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers telephone and pager.
- Completes electronic work-orders.
- Checks e-mail for staff requests.
- Assists maintenance departments as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings as directed.
All school employees have some responsibility for supervising students and assisting in maintaining a safe environment. QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); four years minimum of journeyman level electrician experience, completion of a recognized apprenticeship training period and possession of appropriate trade licenses from the State of Oregon. Interpersonal Skills:
Works well with others. Focuses on solving conflict, maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting, keeps emotions under control, remains open to others ideas, and contributes to building a positive team spirit. Language Skills:
Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Computer Skills:
General knowledge of computer usage preferred and ability to use email and District maintenance systems. Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, parents, vendors and members of the community. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certificates as determined by the District including a valid Oregon Driver license, ability to obtain upon hire, appropriate trade licenses issued by the State of Oregon.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception and peripheral vision. Demonstrate strength and dexterity to operate hand and power tools.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions, outdoor weather conditions. Occasionally the employee is required to work in high, precarious places and around moving parts. The employee may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally high. The employee may be exposed to electrical shock and ultra-violet radiation.Gov. Kate Brown has directed that Oregon will implement a legal requirement that all public and private school teachers, staff and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine). All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exceptions may be made only for eligible medical or religious reasons. There will not be an option to opt out for other reasons or choose testing in lieu of vaccination, under the state mandate.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Tina Simmons , HR Specialist
- 471 NE Ochoco Plaza Drive
- Prineville,Oregon 97754
- Phone: 541-447-5099
- Email: click here