This position is a long-term guest teaching position. The assignment may require completion of the ESS Midwest (formerly PCMI) / Willsub application. More information will be provided upon placement.This assignment is for a long-term guest teacher beginning immediately through an end date to be determined. QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eligible for a Michigan daily substitute permit through the Michigan Department of Education (minimum of 60 credit hours at a regionally accredited college/university); Bachelor's Degree in Music Education preferred.
The General Music Teacher creates a flexible elementary program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth. He/she establishes effective rapport with pupils in order to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupil's ability. The Elementary Teacher establishes good relationships with parents and other staff members. The General Music Teacher reports to the building principal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside the normal classroom day by means of emails, newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessionals, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the students.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student's work.
- Supervises classroom, students and volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education required.
- Must possess a valid Michigan teaching certificate.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in area of application.
- Position Type:Not provided
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationEmployer Description
To be considered in the applicant pool for an open position, please apply at www.tcaps.net/jobs. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information
- Human Resources
- 412 Webster Street
- Traverse City,Michigan 49686
- Phone: 231-933-1710
- Email: click here