To perform a variety of duties related to routine preventative maintenance of Transportation Department vehicles.Essential Duties: (These duties represent a sample and may vary by position.)
Education and Experience:Minimum
- Inspect assigned vehicles for proper fluid levels, including fuel, oil and water; refuel and refill tanks and reservoirs as needed.
- Key data of fuel pumped bus mileages and bus numbers into a computerized data keypad.
- Examine tires for proper air pressure, tread wear and other safety hazards; re-pressurize to established level; replace worn or unsafe tires as needed.
- Maintain records of fuel, tires, oil and other maintenance supplies.
- Drive transportation service trucks; maintain in clean and proper working order.
- Assist in performing minor mechanical repairs and preventative maintenance as needed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance.
- Understanding of basic automotive repair and maintenance.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Licensing / Certification Requirements:
- Vocational Education and/or truck driving school
- Prior mechanical background.
- Prior truck driving experience.
Possession of a valid Class C driver's license. At least 6 months driving experience as a licensed operator of a motor vehicle. Possession of a Class B driver's license with P and T (Tanker) endorsement within six months of actual hire date. (Current license needs subject to change by State and or Local Authorities and any possible changes in equipment.)Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Knowledge of practices and techniques used in basic vehicle mechanical maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic principles and procedures of records keeping as applied to service records.
- Knowledge of procedures for handling volatile and hazardous materials.
- Ability to demonstrate safe work practices.
- Ability to learn how to successfully operate a fuel truck.
- Ability to learn how to successfully key numbers into a computerized data keypad.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to work within established deadlines and complete work on schedule.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Position Type:Not provided
Job Category :Career Education > Truck Operation & RepairEqual Opportunity Employer
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Contact Information
- CMS Staff
- 600 E. Fourth Street
- Fifth Floor
- Charlotte,North Carolina 28202
- Phone: 980-343-1900
- Email: click here