Confluence Academies is looking for an energetic educator to engage students in creative movement and dance. Creative Movement is a joyful way for children to explore movement through music, develop physical skills, channel energy, stimulate imagination and promote creativity.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors Degree- Dance or elementary education certificate from DESE preferred
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Identifies pupil needs and makes appropriate referrals and develops strategies for individual education plans.
- Is available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Plans and coordinates the work of paraprofessionals, parents and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers and exhibits of student's work.
- POSITION SUMMARY
- : To create a flexible early elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to movement and personal growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Dance
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Arts: Dance
Classroom Teacher > Arts: DramaJob RequirementsContact Information
- Dion Edwards
- 611 North Tenth Street
- Suite 25
- Saint Louis,Missouri 63101
- Phone: 314-588-8554
- Email: click here