FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLSFALL RIVER, MASSACHUSETTSPOSITION: CULINARY ARTS TEACHER - DURFEE HIGH SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possession of current Vocational Technical Teacher license in hospitality management or culinary arts.
- Possession of current certification in food sanitation.
Principal and Director of Career & Technical EducationJOBS GOAL:
To create a flexible Culinary Arts program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for Culinary Arts in accordance with each pupil's ability; and to establish good relationships with the school administration and other staff members.PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Teach Culinary Arts utilizing course of study adopted by the School Committee and meeting Vocational Technical Education Frameworks including shop safety, restaurant management and all aspects of the industry.
- Develop standards based lesson plans and instructional materials in order to adapt the appropriate curriculum.
- Design learning activities that will allow students to be competitive in the workplace.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Communicate with parents through parent conferences and other means to discuss pupil progress.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school department and/or self-selected professional growth activities that will include course or activities related to instruction.
- All other responsibilities that are listed in the collective bargaining agreement between the Fall River Educators' Association and the Fall River School Committee.
In accordance with the Fall River Educators' Association contract. Continued employment is contingent on work performance, program need, and funding. Closing Date for Applications: As indicated on webpage
The Fall River Public Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment opportunities without
regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, and disability.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Culinary Arts
Classroom Teacher > ArtEqual Opportunity Employer
Fall River Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.Job RequirementsContact Information
- Megan Souza
- 417 Rock Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Fall River,Massachusetts 02720
- Phone: 508-675-8420
- Email: click here