Information Technology TeacherGreater New Bedford Regional Voc Tech High School10 Month Position (185 days)Position Purpose
: This position provides instruction for grades 9-12 in Information Technology. Under general direction of a principal, provides leadership in an educational environment that encourages and nurtures learning for all students. Maintain continuous evaluation of student progress This position is responsible for maintaining and improving upon the efficiency and effectiveness of all areas under his/her direction and control; performs all other related work as required.Recommended Minimum QualificationEducation, Training and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in relevant areas of instruction.
Must hold or be eligible for a teaching certificate with the Massachusetts Department of Education with an endorsement in applicable subject areas of PW and/or ISSN.
Minimum five years' experience in PW and/or ISSN technology, preferred.Essential Functions:
- Plan, organize, and teach a competency-based Programming and Web Development (PW) and Information Support Services and Networking (ISSN) curriculums.
- Integrate PW and ISSN concepts with academic related subjects.
- Meets and instructs assigned students in designated locations and times.
- Develops and maintains an environment conducive to effective learning.
- Prepare for assigned classes and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of superior.
- Assists students to set and maintain standards of appropriate behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media to meet the needs of the students.
- Implements the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Evaluates student progress on a continuing basis. Maintains an effective system of monitoring student progress to inform appropriate persons.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Enforces school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
- Is available to meet with students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so.
- Participates in faculty meetings. Demonstrates professional growth and shall attend all meetings called or approved by the Superintendent, Principal or Supervisor.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Maintains open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning their educational and behavioral progress.
- Participates in the evaluation process.
Knowledge, Ability and Skills:Knowledge
- Performs other duties as needed.
: Demonstrates knowledge and use of materials and resources in accordance with the adopted curriculum and consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided,
Demonstrates effective classroom management skills and provides for sound and effective techniques of instructionAbility.
Demonstrates the ability to adjust presentation of subject content to students needs and interests, Effectively utilizes class space to form an environment conducive to learning and effectively uses instructional facilities, equipment and materials,
Ability to communicate effectively, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all school employees, students, teachers, parents, and vendors, ability to recognize school-wide priorities and work cooperatively to support their accomplishment, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deal effectively with interruptions, occasionally under time pressure. Skills:
Demonstrates enthusiasm for learning and interest in students.
Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of achievement and classroom behavior. Demonstrates effective knowledge and use of curriculum content (subject-matter and skills) associated with the instructional assignment,
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate effective knowledge of and be sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population. Willing and able to perform assigned duties in a manner that is sensitive to different personalities, respectful of the role and authority of school leaders, sensitive to community dynamics. Serve as a role model and mentor to young students. Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other staff and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle, or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment such as, but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. Some climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motions.Supervision:
Supervision Scope: Performs routine duties that are clearly defined by the protocol and standard operating procedures. This role requires basic knowledge of departmental operations.
Supervision Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Academy Administrator.
Supervision Given: NoneJob Environment:
- Job Environment is that found typically in a classroom and school building.
- Interacts with other school staff, teachers, students, parents, and vendors.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employers and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
Mission and Values The mission of the Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District is to provide education that is rigorous, relevant, and meaningful to each student in a safe and supportive environment, resulting in academic, career and technical excellence. This experience encourages lifelong learning, fosters mutual respect, and instills social responsibility, respect for diversity, and responsible citizenship. Our core values are preparation, passion, and perseverance. For information on working for the Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District please visit our website at gnbvt.edu Equal Opportunity Employer The Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Non-Discrimination Policy The Greater New Bedford Regional Vocational Technical School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, homelessness, immigration or veteran status in its education programs and activities, including admission to or employment in such programs or activities.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial ArtsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Pam Smith , HR Adm. Asst.
- 1121 Ashley Blvd.
- New Bedford,Massachusetts 02745
- Phone: 508-998-3321 ext. 375
- Email: click here