Springfield Public Schools seeks outstanding candidates for a temporary part-time (0.5 FTE) position of Middle School Introduction to Computer Technology teacher at Briggs Middle School.
The Introduction to Computer Technology course introduces students to computers; the functions and uses of computer technology; the language used in the industry; possible applications of various computer-based technologies; and occupations related to computer technology hardware and software industries as well as exploring the legal and ethical issues associated with computer technology use, and how changes influence modern society. About the District
Springfield Public Schools is located in Springfield, Oregon, in the heart of the Willamette Valley, and serves 185 square miles of the city of Springfield and East/Central Lane County. We are directly to the east of Eugene, where the University of Oregon is located. We currently have over 10,000 students, 1,446 staff members including 645 teachers in our kindergarten through grade 12 school district.
Springfield Public Schools believes that student success is our most important outcome. The success of our students depends on the collective community coming together to support every student, every day throughout their K-12 education. From the time a student is greeted by the bus driver in the morning to the last bell in the afternoon, Springfield Public Schools is committed to meeting the needs of each child.About the Position
To support this work, successful candidates will possess the following characteristics that support our vision of Every Student, Every Day:
- A belief that every student can and will learn;
- The desire to eliminate inequities in student achievement;
- The motivation to foster safe, healthy and engaging environments;
- A commitment to promote an inclusive culture that draws on the assets of students, staff and community.
- A valid State of Oregon teaching license with either a Business, a Foundational English Language Arts, a Foundational Social Studies, a Foundational Math, or a Foundational Science endorsement;
- Excellent technology skills (Excel databases, Word, Power Point, Google Suite);
- Knowledge and experience with middle school-aged students with diverse learning needs;
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise students and their work;
- Motivated to establish effective working relationships with staff, colleagues, students, parents and the community;
- Knowledge of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS);
- Strong student management skills and the ability to establish a sound system of classroom management;
- Positive and effective communication and collaboration skills desired;
- Ability and commitment to practice cultural competency and demonstrate respect for diversity;
- Willingness to collaborate with colleagues and examine data to improve instructional strategies and student outcomes;
- Experience supporting students in the use of technology and online learning platforms;
- Receptive to receiving coaching on a regular basis to improve teaching strategies;
- Ability to embrace change, adapt, and rapidly learn new technologies to ensure excellent student outcomes;
- Demonstrates a belief in all students' ability to succeed and meet high expectations;
- Committed to personalized learning for all students.
$19,278 - $41,765 (will be pro-rated based on hire date) plus a generous benefits packagePosting Begins:
November 8, 2021Posting Closes:
Open Until Filled
To apply, please
submit your application materials through the district's TalentEd Recruit & Hire website. Visit www.springfield.k12.or.us and click on the "Join Our Team" link. Locate the Licensed Position Postings button and click on the link, which takes you to TalentEd Recruit & Hire. If you need assistance completing an application or need an alternate format, please contact the District Office at (541) 726-3203.An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Springfield Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender or sexual orientation in admission or access to the treatment of employment in its programs and activities as required by state and federal law. If you have any complaints, please contact Human Resources at (541) 726-3203.
It is our policy to provide qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with applicable law. Applicants wishing to claim veterans' preference must provide the following military documents verifying their eligibility:Veterans:
A copy of the applicant's Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (a federal DD Form 214 or 215), which shows character of service upon discharge OR
a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating the applicant receives a non-service connected pension.Disabled Veterans:
A copy of the applicant's Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (a federal DD Form 214 or 215), which shows character of service upon discharge AND
a copy of the applicants veteran's disability preference letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (unless the information is included on the DD Form 214 or 215).
For veterans' preference to apply, the required military documents must be submitted at the time of application submission.
For more information, contact Springfield Public Schools at:
640 A Street • Springfield • OR 97477 • Phone: 541-726-3203 • FAX: 541-726-3315
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial ArtsJob RequirementsContact Information
- Human Resources , HR
- 640 A Street
- Springfield,Oregon 97477
- Phone: 541-726-3203
- Email: click here