B, Year RoundESP Salary Schedule:
Range 120 Step 1Hours:
8/Day, 40/WeekLocation: Education Service Center - Admin BuildingGeneral Purpose
Responsible for supporting the vision and mission of the Ogden School District (OSD) through best practices in communications and public relations with a focus on strengthening mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This person supports the efforts and tasks of the Communication Director/PIO. The Specialist works independently to accomplish daily workload which includes management and resolution of assigned projects, as well as the creation and dissemination of day-to-day communication and OSD web management content with a focus on sharing the accomplishments of students and employees.Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Cover and report on accomplishments and local, state and national events and/or issues impacting the school district, requiring continuous outreach to a wide range of community stakeholders that includes, but is not limited to, OSD administration, teachers and students, city leaders, city and state agencies, and various businesses and organizations.
- Prioritize and manage event schedules under the direction of the District Communication Director; organize interviews, photograph events, projects, promotions, and highlights; write the associated story content and complete formatting; and publish this data on the OSD website and social media sites.
- Perform daily outreach with a wide range of community stakeholders that includes, but is not limited to, OSD administration, teachers, students, city leaders, city and state agencies and various businesses and organizations.
- Initiate and facilitate partnerships to market and promote the District as a whole, as well as schools, departments and programs.
- Manage event organization planning, scheduling, fundraising and/or programs, create and distribute associated promotional and event materials, etc., either independently or in collaboration with various teams under the direction of the District Communication Director.
- Work with internal OSD (senior staff, maintenance, PIO, faculty and staff) and external (Ogden City, Weber County, Weber School District PIO and Weber-Morgan Health Department) to gather, review, assimilate and use emergency management best practices.
- Support the administrative lead for school safety and emergency operations, including planning and responding to mitigate negative outcomes before, during and after threats or hazards.
- Participate in the District Emergency Management Team meetings to assist district administrators in preparedness efforts in collaboration with external agencies.
- Manage and oversee access and activity on OSD websites under the direction of the Communication Director.
- Serve as the primary contact for individuals assigned to manage content for each school in the District.
- Organize group and individual trainings with all school website managers and be available to troubleshoot and resolve their website problems.
- Review school web sites to ensure established District protocols are followed and website managers maintain quality sites that are navigable and informative for all community stakeholders, on a consistent basis.
- Utilize software designed to assist with oversight to monitor content and ensure protocol compliance.
- Manage the District award programs under the direction of the Communication Director, which includes creating and distributing district wide surveys, gathering and tracking data to document accomplishments, collaborating with the awards committee to identify and select winners, ordering awards, managing/scheduling celebrations, photographing associated events and creating and posting award data on the website and social media sites.
- Manage all logistics (location, catering, payment), visuals (invitation, program, decorations, video presentations), invites/RSVPs, order Professional of the Year plaques, photograph events, manage all associated activities, etc., under the direction of the Communication Director.
- Manage the District social media sites; through the creation of original content and/or by sharing content obtained through various methods/sources; post approximately 70 percent of the content seem on the District social media sites and website; monitor social media sites and respond to comments/messages or elevate to the Communication Director or appropriate personnel to address and/or resolve reader comments, issues or concerns.
- Address/resolve daily assistance requests from executive directors, principals, faculty and staff and a range of community stakeholders that include a multitude of inquiries seeking information and support for immediate or short-term needs and long-term, large scale projects.
- Identify, manage and archive Ogden School District news from outside newspapers, websites and television.
- Provide input and suggestions to the Communication Director for fund allocation and provide input and feedback on future budget needs and purchases for the office/team.
- Develop a network of successful stakeholder relationships and facilitate efforts to create and sustain school community advocate groups.
- Schedule, organize and participate in meetings and events, manage and archive information/documents and inventory.
- Manage phone call messages and either respond and resolve support requests or elevate to the level of the Communication Director, when needed.
- Promote positive customer relations to maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Promote relationships between Ogden School District and community partners.
- Record and edit video as needed.
- Facilitate live streaming of events, including but not limited to District Board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One (1) year of related experience preferred
- Spanish speaking is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Apple hardward and MacOS and iOS platforms is preferred but not required
- Valid Utah Driver's License
- The job requires the regular use of a personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement is available.
- The job occasionally requires light physical exertion including walking, standing, motor vehicle operation and other forms of light physical activity.
- Work is carried out in an agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Occasional work outdoors and in hot, cold, windy, rainy or snowy weather conditions may be required.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Marketing Education
Classroom Teacher > Marketing EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Jessica Bennington
- 1950 Monroe Blvd
- Ogden,Utah 84401