Job Title: Teacher - Vocal Music EducatorDepartment:
Learning - ElementaryPay Grade:
Teacher's Salary ScheduleFLSA Status
: ExemptReports to:
School PrincipalGENERAL PURPOSE
Responsible for providing support to the instructional program with specific responsibility for facilitating learning within an elementary school classroom and other assigned areas; developing lesson plans and delivering group and individual student instruction within established curriculum guidelines; supervising students; collaborating with other teachers, other professional staff and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues; and responding to a wide range of inquiries from students' parents or guardians regarding instructional program and student progress.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Administers developmental testing programs, subject specific assessments, etc. for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals (e.g. behavioral, motor development and communication skills, academic needs, vocational abilities, etc.) for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Counsels students for the purpose of improving performance, health status, problem solving techniques and a variety of personal issues.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addressing individual student requirements.
- Directs student teachers, paraprofessionals, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Facilitates student learning (e.g. creating a learning environment, integrating technology, arranging field trips, organizing age appropriate activities, etc.) for the purpose of achieving success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through defined lesson plans.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academic, interpersonal and daily living skills through a defined course of study.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. test scores, student evaluations, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference in accordance with established administrative guidelines and legal requirements.
- Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participates in a variety of meetings and workshops (e.g. Professional Development, IEPs, team leadership meetings, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. attendance, anecdotal records, lesson plans, IEPs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Reports health and safety issues to assigned administrator and appropriate agencies (e.g. fights, suspected child or substance abuse, contagious diseases, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining students' personal safety, a positive learning environment and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in job-related area, required.
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Vocal Music Missouri Teaching Certificate K-12, required.
- Ability to gain and maintain "Highly Qualified" status as defined by Missouri's Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, required.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Clearance, the results of which must be satisfactory to the District, required.
- Implementation of Primary Years Program, required.
- Official IB training is required and may require travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; age appropriate activities; lesson plan requirements; stages of child development; and behavioral management strategies.
- Skill to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, including: applying assessment instruments; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Ability to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment.
- Ability to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; working with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods.
- Ability to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment.
- Ability to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply critical thinking/problem solving to improve work processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; set priorities; meet deadlines and schedules; work with detailed information; and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to set high expectations for self and others; set and monitor progress toward goals; and utilize and offer effective feedback to continuously improve.
- Ability to work as part of a team; adapt to changing priorities; and apply logical processes and analytical skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work environment is primarily inside, where the noise and temperature levels are moderate.
- The work is sedentary work which requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Must possess the physical ability to work primarily with fingers, perceive the nature of sounds, make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, substantial movements (motions) with the hands, wrists, and/or fingers, and discern letters or numbers at a given distance.
- Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, crouching, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, manual dexterity, mental acuity, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Elementary
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: ChorusJob RequirementsContact Information
- Ryan Morris , Employment Coordinator
- 1359 E. Saint Louis St.
- Springfield,Missouri 65802
- Phone: 417-523-4647
- Email: click here