INSTRUMENTAL and GENERAL MUSIC TEACHERS
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Organizes and teaches music, utilizing approved California music textbooks. Develops a selected vocal and instrumental music ensemble; assists in other school programs as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Establishes a schedule for each class or classes in consultation with teachers and principal.
- Organizes and presents music programs for schools and public.
- Selects and orders appropriate music, or any other necessary equipment, for any special choruses, musical plays, pageants, operettas, etc.
- Rehearses training and performance groups
- Assists principal in planning and presenting musical programs for parents
- Selects, edits, and rearranges musical arrangements to accommodate the musical ability of pupils
- Meets with other District music teachers in planning for any possible District music programs
- Arranges for lesson and rehearsal space; participates in immediate area supervision; prepares students for festival participation.
- Participates in faculty meetings and curriculum meetings at the local or District level, when appropriate.
- Gives instruction in the fundamentals of music; gives individual or small group lessons to students enrolled in the band program.
- Determines each student's grade based on the student's singing participation and ability (both individually and in groups) and the results of examinations of the student's comprehension of music fundamentals.
- Counsels with student and parents concerning the band program and selection of instruments for pupils.
- Maintains an inventory of, and is responsible for, District musical instruments and equipment assigned to his/her custody. Arranges for repair of such instruments and equipment as needed.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service activities provided by the District and/or through self-selected professional growth activities and other job related duties as assigned.
Possession of a baccalaureate or higher degree with emphasis in an academic major or minor subject matter fields with the needed courses to meet credential requirements.CREDENTIAL:
General Secondary, Standard Secondary with a major or minor in the assigned area, or a Single Subject in the assigned area. General Elementary, General Jr. High, Standard Elementary or a Multiple Subject. CLAD/BCLAD, SADAIE certification is desirable.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out the essential functions of the position.Physical Demands:
Walk, look downward, turn neck (up to continuously) sit, bend, (frequently); stand, stoop, squat, reach, push, pull, (Occasionally; kneel, crawl. Climb (infrequently); grasp/manipulate materials & supplies (continuously); lift items to 10 pounds (frequently), carry to 10 pounds (occasionally), lift/carry to 40 pounds (infrequently) (occasionally for PE and Industrial Arts teachers) use seeing, hearing and speaking (continuous, in class).Working Conditions:
Indoor classrooms, exposure to: student noise and music, odors of food and science projects, possible communicable diseases or unruly students. Outdoor schoolyard and grounds, exposure to; temperatures, dust, pesticides and smoke (seasonally)
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Math: General
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationJob RequirementsContact Information
- Mark Garner
- 1791 W. Acacia Ave.
- Hemet,California 92545
- Phone: (951) 765-5100
- Email: click here