This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available. TitleTitle Code
Curriculum and Instruction
Teacher's ScaleReports To (title only)Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Teaches individuals or groups instrumental or vocal music, K-12. Evaluates student's interests, aptitudes, temperament, and individual characteristics to determine suitable instrument for beginner. Instructs students in basic harmony and melody and provides individual music lessons. Conducts orchestra rehearsals and coaches members in their individual orchestra parts. Instructs and trains choral groups in fundamentals of musicianship and ensemble singing. Leads orchestra and choral groups in regular and special performances for school programs, community activities, concerns and festivals. Bilingual and biliterate in targeted language may be required depending on assignment. Virtual experience may be required based on assignment.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Plans, prepares and presents lesson plans, assignments, and instructional materials to students in an appropriate fashion.
2. Develops, selects and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
3. Lectures, demonstrates and uses audio-visual teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
4. Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
5. Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and supervises students in a variety of school-related settings. Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
6. Keeps attendance and grade records as required by Board Policy/Administrative Regulation.
7. Prepares, administers and corrects tests, and records results.
8. Counsels pupils when academic and adjustment problems arise.
9. Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
10. Attends and actively participates in staff/faculty meetings; and provides input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods. Serves on special committees.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education
• Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from a regionally accredited college or university.Experience
• If assigned to bilingual program, candidates are required to be bilingual and biliterate in targeted language. Otherwise, bilingual and biliterate in target language preferred.
• If assigned to Virtual Academy, one (1) year of experience with virtual learning technology, remote instruction platforms, Learning Management Systems, and video conferencing tools is required.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of materials in field of specialization. Knowledge of current trends and research in field of specialization.
• Demonstrated ability to speak and write effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with students, staff and parents.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in technical areas of instruction.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to travel to/from Maryland Sites as necessary at the expense of the employee is required for in-person appearances at various intervals throughout the duration of the school year.
• Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Video/Web Conferencing, Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or PowerPoint preferred).Licenses/Certifications
• Hold or be eligible for a Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) professional teaching certificate appropriate to area of assignment.Career Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.Established: 1/1/2015
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:5
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music Education
Classroom Teacher > Music: Chorus
Classroom Teacher > Music: InstrumentalEmployer Description
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community.
Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location. Learn more about us...Job RequirementsContact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis,Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here