Release Date: September 30, 2021 Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Requisition 8604Current benefited staff of SMCPS who submit a timely application and meet the minimum qualifications for the position shall be granted an interview and shall be considered to fill the vacancy prior to external applicants being considered. Questions regarding your application and/or candidacy should be directed to the Department of Human Resources.
Position: Maintenance Trades III (Electrician) - Open Until Filled
Location: Department of Maintenance
Salary: The salary for this position will be based on EASMC-ESP salary schedule for twelve-month eight-hour employees - Range 12 ($39,380 - $59,571)
Effective: October 2021APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Qualified applicants, including current employees of St. Mary's County Public Schools
, must complete a TalentEd online application. In addition to the online application, any support documentation (copy of certification where applicable) must be scanned and uploaded to the TalentEd application. The online application and any support documentation must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications, including information about the applicant's background, experience, and professional qualifications. Failure to submit all required documentation will result in your application being considered incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee for review. All online qualified applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Following a screening of credentials, interviews will be scheduled. Please contact the Department of Human Resources with questions (301-475-5511, ext. 32187).NATURE OF WORK:
This is a skilled trades person, it is expected the candidate will have 5 years minimum experience, a combination of new construction, maintenance, and repair of light commercial buildings as an electrician. Work is to be performed under the general supervision of the foreman.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs work in the maintenance, repair, modifications of buildings/schools electrical components and systems;
- Report concerns and safety issues to assigned foreman; and
- Responds to emergency duty assignments when required.
- Determine and locate electrical malfunctions using test equipment such as amprobe, voltmeter, multimeter, and insulation resistance tester, ohmmeter on both AC and DC current including low and high voltage;
- Perform routine preventive maintenance, repair, replacement, renovations of electrical equipment and components;
- Apply National Fire Protection Code (including NEC) requirements to all repairs and modifications;
- Perform repairs including replacing fuses, light bulbs, switches, receptacles, electric thermostats, floor plugs, lighting fixtures, electric heat units, clocks, kiln components;
- Cut and strip conductors, mount electrical boxes, make electrical connections, install Greenfield and BX conductors, GFI's;
- Install EMT conduit, wire-mold, BX conductors, and other raceway materials;
- Modify and repair electrical branch circuits in multiple voltages and phases;
- Complete renovation or installation for lighting, low voltage, based on drawings or technical specifications;
- Troubleshoot and repair problems in various systems such as receptacles, switches, ballasts, and light fixtures;
- Read, understand, and interpret blueprints, technical specifications for distribution, lighting, and low voltage systems;
- Understand and is familiar with NFPA code as they apply to electricity and safety; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or GED;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the electrical trades;
- Basic knowledge of the electrical systems;
- Ability to utilize trade mathematics and interpret standard technical drawings and specifications;
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license with no more than the equivalent of four (4) points in the State of Maryland;
- Requires the exercise of independent judgment in the accomplishment of repair/replacement/renovation and preventive maintenance of electrical Must follow strict adherence to standard work procedures including all applicable codes;
- Requires considerable physical effort at frequent intervals while loading and unloading heavy tools, equipment and supplies. Requires manual dexterity and periods of close concentration to effect repairs and adjustments;
- Requires more than routine care in the installation, adjustment and repair of equipment since faulty workmanship could result in malfunctions that could be disruptive to school activities;
- Ability to lift 75 pounds at regular intervals; and
- Possession of Maryland Journeyman's Electrician License (preferred).
Term of Employment:
Full-time twelve-month assignment
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this position will be based on EASMC-ESP salary schedule for twelve-month eight-hour employees - Range 12.
BARGAINING UNIT ELIGIBILITY: EASMC-ESP
The Board of Education reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, re-advertise and/or withdraw the positions.
The St. Mary's County Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation, religion, or disability in matters affecting employment or providing access to programs.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > MaintenanceJob RequirementsContact Information
- Dale Farrell
- 23160 Moakley St. Ste 106
- Leonardtown,Maryland 20650
- Phone: 3014755511
- Email: click here