Click here to see a day in the life of a TCAPS teacher!JQ or JX endorsement required.TCEA Employee Group
TCEA Employee BenefitsGeneral Summary:
The Teacher assists students in learning the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women. The Teacher reports to the building principal.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and, in harmony with the goals, established clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists, as required.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth and keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Is available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day.
- Supervises classroom, students and volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be highly qualified in the subject matter assigned.
- Must possess a valid Michigan teaching certificate.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in area of application.
Job Categories :Career Education > Music
Classroom Teacher > Music EducationEmployer Description
To be considered in the applicant pool for an open position, please apply at www.tcaps.net/jobs. Learn more about us...Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 412 Webster Street
- Traverse City,Michigan 49686
- Phone: 231-933-1710
- Email: click here