Calendar 179/Hrs 6
Registered Nurse to teach and prepare students for employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the hospital and long-term care settings. The instructor will provide diverse instruction using theory, labs, and clinical setting to engage students in learning practical nursing skills.
Instructor must be proficient in computer technology and be able to work independently off-site.
Hours for this position comprise of an evening session with 160 clinical hours on Saturday: Monday - Thursday: 2:45- 9:00 pm; Every other Saturday for clinicals: 6:00am - 3:00pm.
Charlotte County Public Schools boasts a competitive compensation packag for employees. This package includes a robust employee benefits offering with access to plan options for supplemental and options plans. CCPS offers plan members an onsite Wellness Center. The Wellness Center provides no-cost preventative care, low-cost acute care appointments, behavioral health services, and prescription dispensing for select prescriptions at no additional cost! If an eligible employee does not need medical coverage, CCPS has a paid benefit opt-out option.Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is preferred.
- RN with Florida license and a minimum of 3 years recent clinical experience.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Florida teacher certification or equivalent. ***Can be certified to teach through the CCPS Non-degreed Vocational hiring process contingent upon level of education and experience in the health care industry.
- Will be required to meet the requirements of the clinical affiliates to include current immunizations and TB screenings.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Maintains a valid Florida Teaching Certificate or appropriate certification.
- Adheres to the rules and regulations as prescribed by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
- Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate and complete records and reports as required by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
- Supports the student learning plan.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative procedures and board policies.
- Fulfills the terms of the written contract, unless released from the contract by the school board.
- Maintains a classroom environment which is safe, orderly, and conductive to effective learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Prepares and maintains lesson plans for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor.
- Works with students to create a classroom environment that is conductive to teaching and learning.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of all individuals or student groups involved.
Full job description can be found: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/Page/16991
Compensation information can be found here: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/Page/16990
Benefits information can be found here: https://www.yourcharlotteschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=18838
Benefits eligibility will be determined and communicated to new hires during the onboarding process. Charlotte County Schools promotes Equal Educational and Employment Opportunities.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1
Job Categories :Career Education > Emergency Medical
Student Services > School NurseJob RequirementsContact Information
- Adrienne McElroy
- 1445 Education Way
- Port Charlotte,Florida 33948
- Phone: 941-255-0808
- Email: click here