DESIRED START DATE:
Soon as possibleHOURS:
8 hours a dayEMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION
Jefferson County School District is committed to seeing every student realize their full potential while receiving a top-tier education. Our small Central Oregon community is rich in culture and beauty, providing some of the greatest assets Oregon has to offer. You'll find breathtaking views, an abundance of outdoor activities and plenty of unique and enriching community events. It's the perfect place to make an impact on the world, one student at a time.POSITION SUMMARY
To keep the district's cars and buses in such state of operating excellence that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational or work programs. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
- Submits requisitions for repair parts to the transportation supervisor.
- Repairs, overhauls, and services all pupil transportation vehicles for peak efficiency.
- Assists in providing accurate, current maintenance records as assigned.
- Maintains a good working relationship. between drivers and other transportation personnel.
- Drives school bus routes as assigned.
- Reports to and confers with the Transportation Supervisor concerning vehicles, fuel, oil, parts, equipment, and supplies.
- Assists the Transportation Supervisor with assignments as necessary.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Demonstrated success in performing a wide variety of tasks requiring an understanding of and proficiency at automotive mechanical repair, including diesel engines.
- Hold a valid Oregon Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - or have ability to obtain
- Holds or is able to obtain an Oregon school bus driver certificate
- Wage Schedule: $22.75- $28.23 per hour
- Work days: 260 (12-month position)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, AD&D, Long term disability included (Optional insurances available)
- Vacation, Personal days and Sick days
- JCSD 509-J pays the employee's share (6%) of the Public Employees Retirement System Contribution
Interested candidates are required to apply at the following link: http://jeffersonco.tedk12.com/hire to complete our online application which requires including a letter of interest and current resume.
Employment contingent upon a successful outcome of Fingerprinting, Background check and Pre-employment Physical. (The $71.50 fee associated with criminal history record checks & fingerprinting, shall be the responsibility of the individual at the time of hire.)
Visit our website at:https://www.jcsd.k12.or.us/
Jefferson County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Category :Career Education > Industrial MechanicsContact Information
- Human Resources
- 445 SE BUFF ST
- Madras,Oregon 97741
- Phone: 541-475-6192
- Email: click here